USG Meeting June 28, 2012
CV-230184.108.40.206 434 972 7268
To start meeting: CV - dial 972-7268 on phone at center of table. [to stop phone from ringing, go to the telephone on the side table near the door, and dial 9-972-7268, then place handset next to phone (remember to hang it up when the meeting is over)].Turn on both video monitors (buttons on lower left of each screen). If the USG meeting must be temporarily relocated, see bottom of page for alternate IP/phone coordinates.
Current USG Focus Item
July 5, 2012
AGENDA / MINUTES
- Attendance: Scott, Kim, Alison, Amy, Dongchan, Tony, Jim, Gerald, Brenda, Adam, David
- Near term (until deadline)
- Prioritize medium/long term items
- Helpdesk staffing
- Gerald picking up triage 3-8pm; ER 8-5
- 3-5 tickets/day average
- Testing emergency system on Monday, make sure that contacts at JAO pick up
- July 9th - last week before deadline 24 hour coverage NA (to make sure that Hawaii is able to submit questions). John and Tony will handle the overnight tickets that week.
- There is a process in place to extend deadline if servers crash
- Data reduction
- Medium term (next few months)
- Revisit Skype office hours
- Data reduction
- Millimeter course / instructional material
- Use cases for analysis tools
- CASA 3.5 updates to guides / talks
- Cycle 1 contact scientist assignments
- Cycle 1 phase two generation
- Community outreach
- Data reduction visits
- Website redesign
- Long term (Cycle 1 and beyond)
USG task reports & new business
- HIA (Gerald)
- Phase II having trouble with OT Alison: file a CSV Jira ticket, add Harvey, Mark and Diego to watch list.
- Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
- Science Web (Aaron)
- Documentation (Jim)
- Posters available for taking to meetings
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- PI Support & Visitors (Scott)
- Tutorials & development of outreach materials (Carol, Adam)
- Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)
- Post mortem for AAS, summer school, webinar (Adam and Aaron)
- Webinar feedback available; videos posted to the website. Adam suggests follow-up email material is now available on web include link to Helpdesk
- AAS Session was very well attended about 40 people in audience. No real questions after overview of Cycle 0 and Cycle capabilities.
- 40 out of 250 at Canadas CASCA meeting presentation
- Summer school feedback forms are available, comments were favorable. Amy received a lot of personal feedback Tutorial was great; thanks for doing it.
- David: Questions (and answers) have been typed up. Send to Aaron and Gustaf.
- Skype help
- Wording on top of NAASC webpage meets agreement. If we want to do this again, more advertisement, section in Helpdesk, more weighing of pros and cons. Met goal.
|CV-Auditorium ||220.127.116.11##6518 ||434-817-6279 |
|CV-209 ||18.104.22.168 (video) ||434-296.7082 (audio only) |
|CV-245 ||22.214.171.124 (video) ||434-817-6285 |
|CV-331 ||126.96.36.199 (video) ||434-293-7109 |