In attendance: Carol, John H., Amy, Remy, Nuria, Jim, Arielle, Mike, Mark L, Adam, Kim, Lyndele, Tony, Jonathan, Rachel, Dong Chan
1. News and overview
2. Coordination with other groups and activities
- AAS: Mark, Nuria, Amy, Jim
3. Main items
- Site, CSV, SCO
- DSG & computing
- 30/35 for Tan project; Crystal planning to contact J. Tan
- Tiger Team
4. USG task reports & new business
- Preparation for AAS
- Message re Cycle1
- see M100 simulation from Eelco.
- Simulation planning: M100Eelco - Reactions?
- Remy - add a row with multiple compact sources over a large area (point sources, extended AND extended)
- Primer telecon, Dec 22 (Eelco, Ed, Jim, Gerald, Carol, Sachiko)
- how to update Primer examples; people have been assigned tasks to be returned to Gerald by end of January.
- Updating Cycle 0 at HIA, and adapting one of the full science cases.
- CV how to show off CSV data, Europe to provide article about simulation.
- James will be at AAS; will be manning NRAO booth on Wed evening
- Contact scientist does not need access to "expert fields" - John will take over Brenda's ticket and will relay this information (not an issue with Brenda's permissions level).
- Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
- Documentation (Jim, Jonathan)
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- PI Support & Visitors (Scott, Carol)
- Development of outreach materials (Carol)
- Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)
- Tutorials (Carol)
- Working on webinars recommendation from Users meeting (similar to Herschel)
- Webinar suggestions
Current USG Focus Items
- Current USG Focus Items
- Splinter Session - Adam - 100% ready to go. Amy putting something together for CASA session. Will get together on Tuesday afternoon to check for any last minute issues. No need to do a practice run.
- Special Session - meeting with on Monday to make sure that there are no issues. Meredith has complete presentation. Yancey (will work on this after holidays) - has contacted Rachel; appears to be ok.
- John has forwarded to Crystal the wording from Lewis Ball.
- Berkeley CDE
- Batch 3 SBs
- Cycle 1 documents
- Simulations and science examples
- Need a statement that we can give to PIs regarding the availability of their data. "Positive spin (highly complex system). Timelines will be published in early February. We're anticipating a 3 month extension, more antennas, and possibly more time... verbal, in private".
- Adam: requests that information about what can be said be communicated to Al and Dale Frail (Carol will meet with them before the AAS meeting).
discussion and description of Cycle1 configurations
-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2012-01-04