In attendance: Carol, John H., Amy, Remy, Nuria, Jim, Arielle, Mike, Mark L, Adam, Kim, Lyndele, Tony, Jonathan, Rachel, Dong Chan

1. News and overview

  • AAS: Mark, Nuria, Amy, Jim

2. Coordination with other groups and activities
  • Site, CSV, SCO
  • DSG & computing
    • 30/35 for Tan project; Crystal planning to contact J. Tan
  • JSG
  • Tiger Team
  • Software

3. Main items
  • Preparation for AAS
    • Message re Cycle1
    • see M100 simulation from Eelco.
    • Simulation planning: M100Eelco - Reactions?
      • Remy - add a row with multiple compact sources over a large area (point sources, extended AND extended)

4. USG task reports & new business
  • HIA
    • Primer telecon, Dec 22 (Eelco, Ed, Jim, Gerald, Carol, Sachiko)
      • how to update Primer examples; people have been assigned tasks to be returned to Gerald by end of January.
      • Updating Cycle 0 at HIA, and adapting one of the full science cases.
      • CV how to show off CSV data, Europe to provide article about simulation.
    • James will be at AAS; will be manning NRAO booth on Wed evening
    • Contact scientist does not need access to "expert fields" - John will take over Brenda's ticket and will relay this information (not an issue with Brenda's permissions level).
  • Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
  • Documentation (Jim, Jonathan)
  • Helpdesk (Tony)
  • PI Support & Visitors (Scott, Carol)
  • Development of outreach materials (Carol)
  • Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)
  • Tutorials (Carol)
    • Working on webinars recommendation from Users meeting (similar to Herschel)
    • Webinar suggestions

5. AOB

  • Current USG Focus Items
    • AAS
      • Splinter Session - Adam - 100% ready to go. Amy putting something together for CASA session. Will get together on Tuesday afternoon to check for any last minute issues. No need to do a practice run.
      • Special Session - meeting with on Monday to make sure that there are no issues. Meredith has complete presentation. Yancey (will work on this after holidays) - has contacted Rachel; appears to be ok.
      • John has forwarded to Crystal the wording from Lewis Ball.
    • Berkeley CDE
    • Batch 3 SBs
    • Cycle 1 documents
    • Simulations and science examples
    • Need a statement that we can give to PIs regarding the availability of their data. "Positive spin (highly complex system). Timelines will be published in early February. We're anticipating a 3 month extension, more antennas, and possibly more time... verbal, in private".
    • Adam: requests that information about what can be said be communicated to Al and Dale Frail (Carol will meet with them before the AAS meeting).

Current USG Focus Items

M100 Simulation, M100 Description CAS-1354 discussion and description of Cycle1 configurations

-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2012-01-04-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2012-01-04
Topic revision: r4 - 2012-01-05, RemyIndebetouw
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback