Attendees: Carol, Kimberly, Scott, Rachel, Anthony, Aaron, Adam, Dongchan, Jonathan, Lyndele
Gerald, James at HIA
1. News and overview
Check to see if Working Group telecon can be held M, W or F early morning. If so, Gerald could participate
- Cycle 1 schedule -
- proposed scheduled forwarded by John Hibbard - July 12th deadline
- telecons continuing on Tuesdays mornings to work on documentation
- call not until April
- internal info only- JAO has not made this announcement
- technical reviews will be done afterwards on the selected proposals
- G. Mathys drafting the review process and will submit to ARC managers for review
- Is there a list somewhere that shows the progress of work on each document? No, currently being managed by Working Group
2. Coordination with other groups and activities
- Jonathon Tan has his data and Dan Marrone's data are here.
3. Main items
4. USG task reports & new business
- Site, CSV, SCO
- DSG & computing
- Tiger Team
- met on Tuesday; now links from main CASA page to packages.
Current USG Focus Items
- HIA (Gerald)
- Press release in mid-Feb about completion of Band 3 cartridge'
- Mark M. attending celebration in Feb
- Future of m.sub-m astronomy in Canada. Rachel will be attending, Feb 17th in Toronto, Dunlap Institute
- Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
- Chen Fai - sent email to begin dialogue about collaborations. Carol will forward emails about working on next meeting.
- Documentation (Jim, Jonathan)
- Trying to talk with Phil Appleton; hoping to talk about lessons learned.
- New Herschel webinars coming up
- Synthesis Imaging - online mm course and material for Summer Institute may be similar? Adam: hands-on OT portion and EVLA session and Data Reduction. Adam and Tony are going. Anyone else going? Possibly Kimberly Scott. May 29-June 8. Talks will include ALMA and EVLA.
- Jonathan and Jim meeting tomorrow to talk more about mm course
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- Int'l working group meeting 1/25. Change request issues that are not streamlined - some requests are going all the way to Thijs. Need to better understand flow.
- Attempting to increase visibility and encourage use of Knowledge Base articles.
- PI Support & Visitors (Scott)
- First visitor (Aaron Boley) will be in Socorro. Stuartt has access to data and will be ready.
- Aaron - asking about announcing opportunities for sabbatical visits. How do people know about the possibility for a sabbatical?
- Sprucing up NAASC Hallway on 2nd floor. Improved signage in lobby. New photos on bulletin boards in hallway. NAASC-TV rotating pages of key information.
- Development of outreach materials (Carol)
- Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)
- Logistics meeting with IT to prepare for JETS 2012; all under control.
- Tutorials (Carol)
- Science Web (Aaron)
- Web pages 'getting stale' (Fred Lo) - simplify NAASC page
- Aaron will send around document outlining ideas
- DA in Green Bank will be a web page guru
- Batch 3 and batch 5 SBs
- Cone searches have not been progressing; reminded via Jira ticket that project can't move forward
- John found a problem with blocks - working with Harvey; taken care of.
- Have been promised extra 100GB
- 211 (Visitor Office) will get three new workstations, so all six desks will have workstations.
- Feb 11 major downtime
- Cycle 1 documents
- Simulations and science examples