USG Meeting 15 Sep - 2pm ER 230

Telecons are at  2PM EDT on Mondays in CV 230 
Telephone hub:  434 972 7268

1. Current Focus Items and Action Items
  • "Friend" assignments have been made; preparing for contacting PIs (Scott, Carol)
  • ANASAC meeting, Sept 28, 29 [ASAC meeting is in CV, Oct 5,6] (Al, Carol)
  • Web updates: December workshop; PI information; benchmarking page (Aaron)
  • Material updates for Cycle 1: (Aaron, Mark A)
    • Science Web (Aaron), Booth (Adam), Pamphlets (Jim, Jonathan), Mousepads (Jim), Primer (Gerald), Other?
  • DONE Pair contact scientists to successful ALMA projects
  • OPEN Cycle0 feedback form to all registered users (Carol)
  • OPEN Strawplan for Science Web revisions for Cycle1 (Aaron, Mark A)
  • OPEN Plan expenditure of ME&S budget; how much available for March workshop? (Carol, John, Tony)
  • OPEN Memo explaining process of pairing contact scientists with PIs (Scott)
  • OPEN (with DSG) Simdata improvements for Cycle1 (Remy, Scott)
  • OPEN Lessons learned memo from the CDEs (Kartik)
  • OPEN Develop a single, master ppt presentation template for CDE tutorials (Lyndele w/ Mark Adams)
  • OPEN Long term visitor program plan (Scott and Aaron) - in progress
  • OPEN Update SimGuides and CASAGuides (Jared, Andy, Scott)- in progress
  • OPEN Special & Splinter Session at AAS, Austin (Adam)

2. Task leads reports / new business
  • NRC (Gerald)
  • Documentation (Jim)
    • Assembling "online course" outline and supporting materials on the Documentation page
  • Helpdesk (Tony)
  • Visitors (Scott)
  • Postdoc mentoring (Scott)
  • Workshops / Meeting Attendance (Tony, Adam)
  • Tutorials (Kartik, Carol)
    • Greenbank CDE Oct 20 CANCELLED
    • East and west coast NRAO-wide CDEs (with Dave Frayer (GBT), Gustaaf Van Moorsel (ASC)) - Tentative dates: UM Dec 14 / UCB: Jan 13
    • Two day data processing workshop for successful ALMA teams (but open to all) Dec 6,7 (Kartik, Carol)
    • AAS splinter (Adam, Carol)
    • Single Dish School, early November (Aaron)
      • Who will pay for what?
  • Community Outreach and Science Web (Mark, Aaron)
  • DSG liaisons (Adam, Tony)

3. Top Priority Pending Action Items
  • QA3
    • Is something wrong with QA2?
    • What steps are needed to get to the final data product?
    • How do we contact the PI to release data?
    • What do we do before emailing the PI?
  • Student Observing Support Program
  • How should contact scientists be assigned in the future?
  • How will filler projects be selected to be run? What do we tell PIs of filler projects now?
  • Should we assign a difficulty ranking to each accepted proposal, and how would this be assessed?
  • What do we do with the technical assessments?
    • Attach to JIRA for successful PIs?

-- ScottSchnee - 2011-09-13
Topic revision: r6 - 2011-09-15, LyndeleVonSchill
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback