USG Meeting 15 Sep - 2pm ER 230
Telecons are at 2PM EDT on Mondays in CV 230
Telephone hub: 434 972 7268
1. Current Focus Items and Action Items
- "Friend" assignments have been made; preparing for contacting PIs (Scott, Carol)
- ANASAC meeting, Sept 28, 29 [ASAC meeting is in CV, Oct 5,6] (Al, Carol)
- Web updates: December workshop; PI information; benchmarking page (Aaron)
- Material updates for Cycle 1: (Aaron, Mark A)
- Science Web (Aaron), Booth (Adam), Pamphlets (Jim, Jonathan), Mousepads (Jim), Primer (Gerald), Other?
- DONE Pair contact scientists to successful ALMA projects
- OPEN Cycle0 feedback form to all registered users (Carol)
- OPEN Strawplan for Science Web revisions for Cycle1 (Aaron, Mark A)
- OPEN Plan expenditure of ME&S budget; how much available for March workshop? (Carol, John, Tony)
- OPEN Memo explaining process of pairing contact scientists with PIs (Scott)
- OPEN (with DSG) Simdata improvements for Cycle1 (Remy, Scott)
- OPEN Lessons learned memo from the CDEs (Kartik)
- OPEN Develop a single, master ppt presentation template for CDE tutorials (Lyndele w/ Mark Adams)
- OPEN Long term visitor program plan (Scott and Aaron) - in progress
- OPEN Update SimGuides and CASAGuides (Jared, Andy, Scott)- in progress
- OPEN Special & Splinter Session at AAS, Austin (Adam)
2. Task leads reports / new business
- NRC (Gerald)
- Documentation (Jim)
- Assembling "online course" outline and supporting materials on the Documentation page
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- Visitors (Scott)
- Postdoc mentoring (Scott)
- Workshops / Meeting Attendance (Tony, Adam)
- Tutorials (Kartik, Carol)
- Greenbank CDE Oct 20 CANCELLED
- East and west coast NRAO-wide CDEs (with Dave Frayer (GBT), Gustaaf Van Moorsel (ASC)) - Tentative dates: UM Dec 14 / UCB: Jan 13
- Two day data processing workshop for successful ALMA teams (but open to all) Dec 6,7 (Kartik, Carol)
- AAS splinter (Adam, Carol)
- Single Dish School, early November (Aaron)
- Community Outreach and Science Web (Mark, Aaron)
- DSG liaisons (Adam, Tony)
3. Top Priority Pending Action Items
- Is something wrong with QA2?
- What steps are needed to get to the final data product?
- How do we contact the PI to release data?
- What do we do before emailing the PI?
- Student Observing Support Program
- How should contact scientists be assigned in the future?
- How will filler projects be selected to be run? What do we tell PIs of filler projects now?
- Should we assign a difficulty ranking to each accepted proposal, and how would this be assessed?
- What do we do with the technical assessments?
- Attach to JIRA for successful PIs?