In attendance: Jim, Rachel, Aaron, Dong Chan, Heidi
We held a very brief meeting since most CV staff are on travel this week (AAS) and NRC staff have a holiday today.
1. Review of Pending Items:
- OPEN Development of an on-line mm course for non-experts.
- Jim contacted Jonathan Keohane with plan: Jonathan will help develop an on-line course geared towards beginning graduate students. He can then use this as a starting point to develop course material for undergrads, if appropriate.
- Jim discussed implementation of the online course with Jim Condon. JC says the ERA course is written in latex and uses a real-time converter to generate html. JC offered to include the mm course material alongside the ERA. Would be an advantage for implementation. Also east to generate PDFs from this material. Alternative would be to use plone directly.
- OPEN Develop a single, master ppt presentation template for CDE tutorials (Lyndele w/ Mark Adams) - update Purav has nearly completed the template. Should be ready for adoption by next meeting?
- DONE Dong-Chan fixed PDFs from AAS that were broken when we switched to Plone.
- OPEN Review Plone website for problems (all)
- Several broken links reported to "webhelp" by Dong Chan. These are awaiting action from the webhelp team (Purav or Pat Murphy?)
2. Task leads reports / new business
- Management (Carol)
- Science web (Aaron)
- SP (with new updates) goes live today. Main improvements: a countdown timer and a combined page for documents & tools.
- The technical manual is not yet posted.
- Aaron notes links in Primer need to be updated, since the plone deployment.
- NRC (Gerald)
- Documentation (Jim)
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- Jim starts on triage this week.
- Visitors (Scott)
- Postdoc mentoring (Scott)
- Workshops / meeting attendance (Tony, Adam)
- Tutorials (Kartik)
- Community Outreach (Mark)
- EPO (John)
3. New Business?
- OPEN Update links in the Primer to match new "plone" addresses. (Gerald)