July 11, 2011 USG Minutes
In attendance: Gerald, Carol, Kimberly, Mark Adams, Jim, Scott, Rachel, Lyndele, Tony, Kelly, Dongchan, David
1. Review of Pending Items:
2. Task leads reports / new business
- Management (Carol)
- NRC (Gerald)
- Documentation (Jim)
- Jim will follow up on Doug Scott's comment
- Jonathon will visit in August (~15th?). John Stoke will take charge of making sure he has a laptop.
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- Rachel has been on helpdesk
- Lessons learned triage meeting - Jarrod and Andy (beginning 18th) will take over triage now. Heidi is available as needed.
- Feel free to contact leads directly or submit a help desk ticket.
- Visitors (Scott)
- Long-term visitor plan document circulated to NAASC group. John H wants to re-write document; will send around to mgmt team then
- NSF post-doc mentoring memo response - documentation, now handling very well. Scott has submitted to Chris C. for review, report due this week to NSF. Powerpoint slide has been produced. Please send cc to Carol.
- Postdoc mentoring (Scott)
- Workshops / meeting attendance (Tony, Adam)
- Tutorials (Kartik)
- NRAO Science Meeting - Jets 2012
- Use Bill Contin's jets image?
- March 3-6, 2012
- announce on eNews
- need abstract
- Community Outreach and Science web (Mark, Aaron)
- Confirm final session descriptions by 14 July with AAS Austin Special session (Adam) - titles and descriptions, speaker list.
- Speaker List - Carol (Galaxies), Al (Capabilities Cycle 1), Yancy Shirley, Meredith Hughes (Planet Formation), Alison Peck (update ALMA)
- EPO (John)
3. New Business?
- What's up next for the NAASC
- USG - should we trading off some effort with other groups? What do we do next?
- Phase 2 - TA workshop coming up in August
- Next thing up - helping people with scheduling blocks. John planning training session; should be straightforward
- Data support for SV data and visitors
- training for staff in preparation for data reduction support for visitors
- Crystal taking lead on coming up with plan by early August
- "go away and do the CASA Guide", then come back for training
- Lessons Learned on Cyce