USG Agenda, January31, 2011
3. Group Reports
* Tutorials (Kartik)
* <u> Community Events graphic</u>
* Wish list for simguides
Kartik has begun the _ and passed it on to Mark Lacy.
ACTION: repeat message at Wed group meeting; Need to put together a wish list for Simguide and prioritize
ACTION: Need to meet this week to decide about which CDs will be offered. By Friday.
* Detailed instructions on installing CASA with caveats on which systems it works on and does NOT work on + tester script to ensure CASA works before people come to the tutorial
* A Tricks and Tips page for problems with the installation that we have uncovered and workarounds
* Simdataoverview with a detailed description of each of the "knobs" - perhaps this already exists?
* Simdata walkthroughs for a set (5?) of science primer examples (where feasible) with a script and a description of the steps - simguides? i.e. more simguides? We should make the data sets for each example available to the public.
* Tricks / cheatsheet / listing of problems encountered when running CASA Simdata -- list of items we encounter and how to resolve them.
* A step by step guide of how create proper input FITS image for simdata (perhaps this already exists?)
* Registrant list for announced events
Al - reported on upcoming March one-day workshop
* Helpdesk (Tony)
Scott - HelpDesk seems to be working fine. Everything seems to be going well. Have not done after 5pm in Canada
User Portal & HelpDesk will not be deployed until Mar 18th in order to accomodate Taiwan.
* Science Web, News, and EPO (Aaron / Mark)
Two 3 hour splinter sessions - Tutorials on using OT, Early Science and Simdata. Monday and Tuesday, evening. Tutorials will be duplicates of each other (both on each day).
ACTION: Poll - who is planning to go to AAS meeting, and can help with tutorials
* Newsletter status
* Science portal design; Phil J and Tim B will review with Fred
ACTION: CDs should be added to eNews when decided
Lewis Ball - Consider doing a tutorial in Chile? Perhaps share information and material, but presented by Chile
* Documentation (Jim)
Call for Proposals Manual - newly appeared. Should be only one document for people to need to read in order to propose?
Science verification data question arose - will be a reduction script for every science verification -
SCOTT - CASA guides based on science verification data
Presence at Science meetings (Adam)
* CARMA symposium (ALMA/CARMA synergy discussion)
Scott going to Feb 28 Mar 1 - will a talk on CARMA and ALMA synergies. But would be interested in getting other ideas from US.
* Visitor program (Scott)
* hallway live sitecam? Will be happening.
ACTION: see what might be available from OAS to add to our streaming/livecam
4. AOB <ins></ins>
France has come up with $$ for NOEMA
NA presence needed in Istanbul (in August)
Toronto Tutorial scheduled for Apr 18 & 19 ~ 50 people
Calgary - early May
Canadian Astronomical Soc in London, Ontario 31May, 1,2 June