USG Agenda, January31, 2011

1. News

2. NRC

3. Group Reports
* Tutorials (Kartik)
* <u> Community Events graphic</u>
* Wish list for simguides

Kartik has begun the _ and passed it on to Mark Lacy.

ACTION: repeat message at Wed group meeting; Need to put together a wish list for Simguide and prioritize

ACTION: Need to meet this week to decide about which CDs will be offered. By Friday.

* Detailed instructions on installing CASA with caveats on which systems it works on and does NOT work on + tester script to ensure CASA works before people come to the tutorial
* A Tricks and Tips page for problems with the installation that we have uncovered and workarounds
* Simdataoverview with a detailed description of each of the "knobs" - perhaps this already exists?
* Simdata walkthroughs for a set (5?) of science primer examples (where feasible) with a script and a description of the steps - simguides? i.e. more simguides? We should make the data sets for each example available to the public.
* Tricks / cheatsheet / listing of problems encountered when running CASA Simdata -- list of items we encounter and how to resolve them.
* A step by step guide of how create proper input FITS image for simdata (perhaps this already exists?)
* Registrant list for announced events

Al - reported on upcoming March one-day workshop

* Helpdesk (Tony)

Scott - HelpDesk seems to be working fine. Everything seems to be going well. Have not done after 5pm in Canada

User Portal & HelpDesk will not be deployed until Mar 18th in order to accomodate Taiwan.

* Science Web, News, and EPO (Aaron / Mark)

Two 3 hour splinter sessions - Tutorials on using OT, Early Science and Simdata. Monday and Tuesday, evening. Tutorials will be duplicates of each other (both on each day).

ACTION: Poll - who is planning to go to AAS meeting, and can help with tutorials

* Newsletter status

* Science portal design; Phil J and Tim B will review with Fred

ACTION: CDs should be added to eNews when decided

Lewis Ball - Consider doing a tutorial in Chile? Perhaps share information and material, but presented by Chile

* Documentation (Jim)

Call for Proposals Manual - newly appeared. Should be only one document for people to need to read in order to propose?

Science verification data question arose - will be a reduction script for every science verification -

SCOTT - CASA guides based on science verification data

* CfP outline (Aaron)

* NAASC Presence at Science meetings (Adam)

* CARMA symposium (ALMA/CARMA synergy discussion)

Scott going to Feb 28 Mar 1 - will a talk on CARMA and ALMA synergies. But would be interested in getting other ideas from US.

* Visitor program (Scott)
* hallway live sitecam? Will be happening.

ACTION: see what might be available from OAS to add to our streaming/livecam

4. AOB <ins></ins>

France has come up with $$ for NOEMA

NA presence needed in Istanbul (in August)

Toronto Tutorial scheduled for Apr 18 & 19 ~ 50 people

Calgary - early May

Canadian Astronomical Soc in London, Ontario 31May, 1,2 June

-- CarolLonsdale - 2011-01-31

-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2011-01-31
Topic revision: r1 - 2011-01-31, LyndeleVonSchill
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback