USG Meeting, February 7, 2011
KARTIK: Need to put up a doodle poll to establish a train-the-trainer day for Tutorials
AARON: Add link to Canadian Tutorials, post PDFs from AAS
MARK: Put Registration link for Tutorials in box to highlight
SCOTT: "Idiots Guide to Sim Data" needs to be created- for people who have never used
Adam is back
Tony will be briefing GB on User Support at NAASC
Canadian Astronomic Society Mtg, Jun 3
- Apr 18 & 19 in Toronto (will need help)
- Calgary in early May
- 1 day wkshop - UBC and UVic
Primer - using new adopted cover sheets for ALMA documentation; created Pages template
3. Group Reports
4. Tutorials (Kartik)
- All community day locations and dates verified. These are now posted on the main ALMA web page here and an announcement will go out through e-news on Wed. I am working with Dong-Chan to get the last kinks worked out on the registration page but for now all the registration is available and open.
- Interacting with each CDE organizer to get their plans organized and will try and offer to vet their talks as best as we can before the events.
- Splinter session planning done - ok needed from Carol to go ahead and put in for two 3hr sessions in Boston.
- Staffing recommendations here if people from the NAASC want to see the spreadsheet
- Testing completed - worked fairly well; triage worked ok.
- Will need to go over scheduling for coverage
- Final report for Thursday morning meeting
- NAASC will have 2-page how we'll staff, how we'll triage, answer questions, etc.
6. Science Web, News and EPO (Aaron/Mark)
- Tutorial announcements and schedules
- NRAO at AAS article
7. Articles submitted for February eNews
- For April enews: need "!NAASC Science article" - brief bio and description of NAASC scientist's most recent work, to include photo (of results or scientist). New Post-doc?
8. Documentation (Jim)
9. NAASC Presence at Science Meetings (Adam)
10. Visitor Program (Scott)