USG Meeting 15 Aug - 4-5pm
Attendees: Andy, Adam, Jared, Aaron, Dongchan, Jim, Lyndele, Tony, Doug, Gerald
1. Task leads reports / new business
- NRC (Gerald)
- Will begin figuring out Primer revision once Cycle 1 capabilities come into focus.
- Documentation (Jim)
- Jonathan K starts Sept 1st - office is ready - sabbatical in Cville for a year
- need to update/improve Simdata documentation - Remy, Jim, Scott
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- still need people to input expertise into Google page
- Visitors (Scott)
- Long-term visitors to NAASC - Aaron has written an ad; hopefully post in next eNews - science or technical based ALMA research
- ~$82k for this purpose
- to be vetted by management team
- Postdoc mentoring (Scott)
- Workshops / Meeting Attendance (Tony, Adam)
- Tutorials (Kartik)
- November 3&4 ALMA single dish tutorial. 1 engineer and 1 scientist (Aaron)
- Next CDE is pan-NRAO at GBT conference ~ 19-20(?) Oct 2011. NAASC Attendance (Adam, anyone else?)
- Community Outreach and Science Web (Mark, Aaron)
- Science Portal WG dissolved, Aaron pursuing with JAO to make sure they keep us in the loop.
2. Review of Pending Items
- All to add expertise to helpdesk table.
- All working through CASA Guides in preparation for training meeting.
- Will pursue distribution of Antennae data to NRC if it's not yet on the web..
3. New Items
- Feedback from Cycle 0 (General & OT) getting to the right place? John and Tony.
- Upcoming Training: CDEs (West/East/GBT), Data Processing Workshop, AAS Splinter? Upcoming ALMA Single Dish School (November 3 & 4?)
- Adam suggests looking into a splinter session at the AAS Austin - will talk to Mark about this
- AAS Abstracts by End of Month
- Material updates for Cycle 1? Science Web? Booth? Pamphlets? Mousepads? Primer? Other?