Attendees: Kartik, Jared, Andy, Mark Adams, Kimberly, Dongchan, Aaron, Al, Tony, Lyndele, Arielle Moullet
USG Meeting (August 8, 2011) // Rm 230, 2--3pm EDST.
* News from NRC Canada
- James is back from Santiago
- Currently working on SV data
- Eric and Alison check datasets, that would be appreciated
* Updates from TA from Chile
- looked over all proposals, but learned that not all proposals were feasible. Spent first days discussing the problems.
- Lot of places where people had misconceptions about possibilities.
- came up with a series of guidelines; reviewed proposals again using the guidelines.
- Reudiger will be storekeeper of revised guidelines
* Update on SV data release
- antenna data being worked on;
- Aug 24-26, boot camp scheduling blocks - Kartik & Harvey leading in Chile, but will return and repeat in US
* Other news?
Open Action Items ---------------------------------------------------
- NEW OPEN (with DSG) review Simdata useability by a novice and consider need for improved guide or quickstart (Remy, Jim)
- NEW OPEN use cases for an image domain guide (all, to Adam)
- NEW OPEN Lessons learned memo from the CDEs (Kartik)
- OPEN Development of an on-line mm course for non-experts. (Jim Braatz, Jonathan Koehene
- Will move this open item to a Focus Area on the main USG page; it is bigger than just an action item
- OPEN Approval of the single, master ppt presentation template for CDE tutorials
- Mark will work with Purav to post in the "template" location and will send out a link to the NAASC
- OPEN Long term visitor program plan (Scott and Aaron) - in progress
- Carol and Aaron have discussed terms; still in development
- OPEN Update SimGuides? and CASAGuides (Jared and Andy)- in progress; onging
Reports from the USG Teams:
- HelpDesk (Tony Remijan, Lead)-
- new Staff guide available
- NA Staff Guide possibly done in next couple of weeks? Will be posted to wiki page.
- Tony will send an email asking for more ARC expertise input
- In-house Person-to-Person Support (Scott Schnee, Lead) mid FY2011
- Documentation & Online Training (Jim Braatz, Lead)
- Tutorials & Training Materials (Kartik Sheth, Lead)
- Policy that 'Community Event Days' will refer to any outreach training events
- Will try to do an SV/data verification training event in Novemberor December
- How to make this a One Observatory event? An NRAO-wide Community Day event; one on the east coast and one on the west (Dec 14th at UMD).
- Kartik will be moving more toward toward JSG work; Carol has indicated a willingness to take the lead on CDEs.
- Workshops & Meetings* (Adam Leroy, Lead)
- Pre-registration for Jets 2012 now open.