USG Minutes for Nov. 8, 2010

Attendees: John, Carol, Kartik, Gerald, Rachel, Tony, Lyndele, Scott, Crystal, Jim, Amy, Aaron Call in: Doug, Adam

  • News and Discussion Items
  • Task Lead Reports
    • NRC update
      • Doug off to Chile on Sunday
      • Registration closed for Spectroscopy conference (115)
      • Tutorial on Jan. 18 (53 registered not including tutors)
    • Tutorials (Kartik)
      • TTT (23 signed up, set up for 30)
        • CASA and OT versions to install/use
        • ACTION: Crystal CASA instructions
      • AAS
        • Prep/simulations for speakers
          • Nov. 15 deadine for speakers to tell us what they need
        • Splinter session deadline Dec. 1 ($1000) being prepared by Kartik and Mark
        • Detailed plan for what to do at splinter TBD
      • 6-month plan NAASC_Community_Events.pdf
        • March Santa Fe still need to touch base with Dale Frail
        • Splinter session for May Boston meeting
        • Goal to produce announcement by at least Dec. 1
    • Documentation (Jim)
      • NAASC Proposers Guide (2 weeks)
      • Evaluation of areas of overlap, nothing identified
        • Need to understand better what JAO will deliver
        • Tommy Wikland in charge of JAO webpages
      • Presentations Page(s)
      • ALMA events
    • Science Web (Aaron)
      • NRC staff pages - Done
      • NAASC articles for eNews
      • SciComm activities/interaction with EPO groups
        • Fridays - monthly?
        • JAO EPO working group will be John Stoke
        • NAASC news in JAO newsletter Mark Adams will inquire, they want more human interest stories reuse stuff that we've already prepared
        • ACTION Kartik: Abstracts for AAS special session
        • Mousepad changes needed for mid-December
        • ALMA content in NRAO research facilities needs to be reviewed by Dec. 8
        • Booth for getting interviewed at AAS for PBS special
      • ALMA document template news
        • Feedback given to JAO EPO, they want examples ACTION: John
    • Helpdesk (Tony)
    • NAASC Presence at Science meetings (Adam)
    • Visitor Program (Scott)
  • AOB

-- CrystalBrogan - 2010-11-08
Topic revision: r3 - 2010-11-08, CrystalBrogan
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback