Minutes from USG meeting July 29, 2010

Terse minutes from todays meeting. Action items are at end. Suggested items for folks we don't pay yet are at the very end -- these are not required.

Attendees: Crystal, Tony, Kartik, Rachel, Adam, Scott, Aaron

  • Agreed to weekly USG meetings (at least until after OpsRR) on Tuesdays at 4pm EDT.

  • Agreed to begin posting travel information on shared google calendar. Calendar name is NAASC USG Calendar. It appeared automagically for me. If it didn't for you, maybe Kartik can help.

  • Calendar usage:
    • Please include your name
    • Meeting name if conference
    • Vacation - just say this, you don't need to say where you are going
    • Whether in email contact
    • If your travel doesn't result in an absence from office no need to put on Calendar (i.e. weekend travel)

  • We agreed to try instituting a "Science Day" each Friday where only emergency NAASC items will be addressed

STAFF ACTION ITEMS:

  • Crystal
    • Work on document platform definition
    • Final disposition on Mediawiki/"Guides" solution
    • Ask Mark to change ALMA/NAASC helpdesk triage manager to Tony
    • Find out when DA Heidi is expected to integrate with NAASC

  • Kartik:
    • Google calendar for travel. Already done. 08/03/10
    • Take over Jan. AAS Special Session planning: Jan 2011
    • Schedule meeting to refine goals for AAS SS: 08/10/10
    • Develop Strawman for CfP Tutorial with lengths of 2 or 3 days 08/17/10

  • Tony:
    • Check whether you have NRAO helpdesk account and ask Kelly for help if necessary: 07/03/10
    • Send Kartik existing info on AAS planning: 08/03/10
    • Strawman for Helpdesk scientific staff staffing (may contain a few options for discussion): 08/31/10
    • NAASC/HIA Workshop planning Jan 2011

  • Aaron:
    • Find out from Harvey/John et al. what the current release plan for OT is w.r.t. version for early science (needed for OT guide work), and public release 08/03/10
    • Science Web tweaks already underway 08/10/10
    • Set up a general Science Web discussion meeting (all NAASC including NRC invited) for feedback: before August 17.

  • Rachel
    • Review Primer and make bullet list of suggested expansion 08/10/10
    • Explore http://science.nrao.edu/alma in prep. for Aaron's focus group meeting week of August 16.
    • NAASC/HIA Workshop planning Jan 2011

OPTIONAL FOLKS
  • Scott
    • Review Primer and make bullet list of suggested expansion 08/10/10
    • Explore http://science.nrao.edu/alma in prep. for Aaron's focus group meeting week of August 16.

  • Amy
    • Review Primer and make bullet list of suggested expansion 08/10/10
    • Explore http://science.nrao.edu/alma in prep. for Aaron's focus group meeting week of August 16.

  • Adam:
    • Review Primer and make bullet list of suggested expansions 08/10/10
    • Explore http://science.nrao.edu/alma in prep. for Aaron's focus group meeting week of August 16.

-- CrystalBrogan - 2010-08-04

This topic: ALMA > WebHome > NAASC > UserSupportGroup > USG2010Jul29AgendawithMinutes
Topic revision: 2010-08-07, JohnHibbard
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback