Minutes from Aug. 30, 2010 meeting
In attendance: Tony (from Chile), Scott and Brenda (Canada), Crystal, Kartik, Al, Dong
- Chile has not heard same news we have about recommendation for Feb. 1 call (from Tony)
- Configurations not clear for ES just yet and therefore not clear what the CfP will say. Hope to have updated info so we can update Primer by AAS.
- From previous action items: We can print and bind the primers in house - 2 weeks lead time requested. Mid-Dec is when we should have the AAS version printed.
- Rachel made the template for the Primers.
- Tony: Working on Splatalogue memo
- ACTION: Tony to mail P. Jewell and K. O' Neill about the Victoria meeting
- Aaron: To work on SciWeb updates this week
- ACTION: Aaron to link sci web off the USG wiki
- ACTION: Sci web updates to be done by next Monday
- Kartik: Tutorials page updated. Please review and send comments. Train the Trainers probably will be all day event on Tuesday, Nov 9th.
- ACTION: Brenda to ask Gerald about whether Canada folks are going to come as helpers for the February workshop.
Main Events: Discussion of the Primer Example Cases:
- ACTION: All of us: We want to quote the sensitivity exactly and then say to get the same UV-coverage what we would need and how this would improve the sensitivity. Do not quote overheads in the Primer examples.
- ACTION: All of us: Change Observing Time to Observing Requirement to get out of the problem with what the OT requires.
- ACTION: All of us: Even for point source identification a S/N of 5 may not be enough if the beams are really bad. Same with the S/N for spectral lines so clarify why this is ok.
- ACTION: All of us: Add Data Rate to example after Observing Requirement. Please check the data Rate: Max Data rate is 64 Mb/s.
- ACTION: All of us: Is the calculator correct when compared to other "real" observatories. We know that the ALMA calculator uses the radiometry equation but are the numbers realistic
- ACTION: Get our PPTs done by Friday and send them to Gerald?
- ACTION: Crystal to send Org chart to NRC
- ACTION: Tony to clarify the correlator modes for ES
Next Week's meeting: Sep 7, Tuesday at 3pm due to Labor Day, focus will be on Science Web