Minutes from USG Meeting Aug. 24, 2010
Attendees: Crystal, Tony (from Chile), Kartik, Aaron, Remy, Rachel, Todd, (from Canada): Scott, Brenda, James
- Thijs has told Fred that he intends to recommend Feb 1 as the ES CfP.
- Tony reported on documentation webpage additions for Splatalogue / checking on correlators
- Aaron reported that a new sciweb wiki has been set up by Dong Chan with to-do list /correlator modes and configs need to be properly updated.
- Tutorials - Management recommends: Large tutorial the first week of Feb / cannot have it at NRAO, venue not big enough. We should go for Omni in CV or in DC near Dulles
- This first tutorial will focus on: What ALMA can do and Phase 1 of the OT
- Second summer tutorial for people with approved projects which will have Phase 2 and CASA
- Another large tutorial before the second call (Dec?)
- Tutorials self-funded - will cost monies for participants
- Kartik - Updated the tutorials page with more details. Please look over and send comments directly to me.
- Rachel - $350 / $200 for students for registration fees.
- 125+ pre-registered.
- Query for tutorial interest put out.
- Registeration page set-up to be tested.
- 20+ replies saying "Aye" for a tutorial.
- Everyone needs to register. Hard limit for space is 125.
- Registration will open on Sep 1
- We discussed the different templates produced by Adam, Kartik, Rachel and Crystal. Standard template to be made by Rachel. Some discussion of templates of the EarlySci examples for OT?
- ACTION: Crystal will send the org chart to NRC. Also post to wiki
- ACTION: Tony to clarify correlator modes
- ACTION: Tony to email Phil / Karen for a GBT rep for the Astro-Chem rep.
- ACTION: Crystal needs to check if we can print the Primer in house (if we made them into 8.5 x 11")
- ACTION: Rachel will do a template for the science case.