DEPRECATED! Do not believe what you read here!
The current CASA simulation site is the Simulation link at
please email rindebet at nrao.edu with any questions
fall 2010 page for making
old (early 2009) early science simulation examples:
Steps to simulation
download and install CASA from my.nrao.edu -> CASA Beta release
- Preparing a patch of sky for
- how to specify the positions and diameters of your antennas or stations.
- how to set up what/when/how you want to observe, and the output image details
- (Optional) For added realism, corrupt your visibilities with thermal and phase noise.
(Optional) Go back from the calculated visibilities to a synthesis image
: issues related to with the ATM package that we are using to model the atmosphere
old probably obsolete pages
DEPRECATED - Don't Follow This Example
Simulated observations of the same simulated protoplanetary disk placed 50pc and 100pc away.
- Generation of a set of dirty beams at various declinations for each (12m) ALMA configuration, and summarizing the beam properties.
: ppt tutorial presentation
2010-03-09 - 10:21
2009-12-02 - 16:56
ppt tutorial presentation
This topic: ALMA
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki?