Usage for plotPointingResults
Return to directory of Todd's CASA extensions
If you are curious about the pointing results in your data, this function will plot them from the ASDM_CALPOINTING table in your ms, assuming that you have imported the ASDM with asis='*'. If you would prefer to be able to plot directly from the ASDM, then you can run plotPointingResultsFromASDM
au.plotPointingResults(vis='uid___A002_X1465d3_Xc7.ms', source='', figfile=False, buildpdf=False,
gs='gs', convert='convert', verbose=False, labels=False, pdftk='pdftk', debug=False,
interactive=True, nsigma=2, thresholdArcsec=10.0, fractionOfScansBad=0.6, doplot=True)
- vis: the measurement set
- source: limit the results to a specified source
- buildpdf: compile all plots into a multi-page PDF
- gs, convert and pdftk: In case these programs are not found in your path, the full path to the programs can be specified via these parameters.
- Note: The default program for concatenating PDFs is pdftk, but gs will be used if pdftk is not found.
- interactive: set to False to avoid the need to press return after each scan is plotted.
- labels: set to True to draw the antenna names at each point, otherwise, it only draws the name if the offset is > nsigma times the standard deviation for that scan.
- nsigma: threshold for drawing the antenna name next to its point if labels=False
- fractionOfScansBad: the fraction of scans for which an antenna must exceed thresholdArcsec to be declared "suspect"
- doplot: setting this to False will produce no plots to the screen (or a file) but will return the suspect antenna list
- a list of figure file names produced, followed by a list of antenna names which have suspected bad pointing.