Open Items

No. WHO WHAT STATUS DATE COMPLETED NOTES CATEGORY
1
CCarilli
Job searches - CSVx2
OPEN
 
Committee meeting Feb 5. 4 interviews. 2 offers made 2/29. 1 Accepted, 1 pending
Jobs
2
CCarilli
AUI Futures -- revise tables
OPEN
 
Feb 8
Management
3
JHibbard
Update NAASC proposal to AOPverD
OPEN
 
 
Management
4
JHibbard
tie s/w requirements to AOPverD
OPEN
 
by May16 f2f meeting. Had done, but needs more work. Now need by Sept f2f meeting
Operations
5
JHibbard
AI from SciOpsIPT: NA ARC Implementation Plan
OPEN
 
 
Operations
6
JHibbard
AI from SciOpsIPT: Helpdesk Requirements document
OPEN
 
 
Operations
7
JHibbard
AI from SciOpsIPT: Helpdesk Implementation Plan
OPEN
 
 
Operations
8
CCarilli
write Physics Today article with Al?
OPEN
 
 
EPO
9
CCarilli
Spitzer/Herschel/UCSD visit/talk
OPEN
 
Mid-Jan UCSD
EPO
10
JHibbard
Resolve FY2007 budget
OPEN
 
what is cost to NSF, net EU, EA & NRC obligations? What is impact of nsf UVML decision?
Budget
11
CCarilli
revamp NAASC/NRAO ALMA web
OPEN
 
directive from above. AEvans assigned 2/22.
EPO
12
CCarilli
set up "network" of Science Centers, as a resource
OPEN
 
recommended by various committees
Management

Closed Items

No. WHO WHATSorted ascending STATUS DATE COMPLETED NOTES CATEGORY
36
JHibbard
Action Item from SciOps IPT f2f: post CSV manpower availability
CLOSED
03 January 2008
 
AIV-CSV
37
JHibbard
Action Item from SciOpsIPT f2f: analysis of AoD trips (number, duration, apt vs hote, turno cycle)
CLOSED
03 January 2008
see attachement at NaascMinutes2008Jan02
AIV-CSV
35
JHibbard
agenda, minutes for Jan NAASC meeting
CLOSED
02 January 2008
Management
68
JHibbard
AI from LOC meeting: update mailing list and send out posters
CLOSED
24 March 2008
list updated 3/10. Poster & mailing labels given to EPO. mailed 3/24.
Workshops
66
JHibbard
AI from SciOpsIPT: comment on ALMA Archive Operations Plan
CLOSED
20 March 2008
Operations
67
JHibbard
AI from SciOpsIPT: enter staffing table to wiki
CLOSED
20 March 2008
Operations
24
RIndebetouw
ALMA CASA simulator planning meeting (for next weeks NAASC meeting)
CLOSED
29 November 2007
with Remy, John, Ed & Crystal
Simulator
33
CCarilli
ANASAC Charge on development and ALMA postdocs/science rampu-up
CLOSED
14 December 2007
will formulate charge with Baker -- DONE
Management
17
CCarilli
Arrange job search committee for 2 CSV jobs: members initial timeline-- review and ask for letters (send request by Dec 3). distribute by Dec 15. review by Jan 1. selection - Jan 4?
CLOSED
28 November 2007
Need to get HR or Jennifer to produce spreadsheets of applicants.
Jobs
64
JHibbard
Arrange office space for new hires
CLOSED
14 March 2008
Meeting w/Miller 3/12. Result: AE: Rm332 or 324 (his choice), TH: Rm328 when JH moves, CSV1: Rm336, CSV2: Rm324 or 332 (depending on AE), CASA1: Rm334, PDs: Rm303. TBC w/Jewell
Jobs
52
JHibbard
arrange SciOps IPT f2f meeting in CV Feb 26-27
CLOSED
13 February 2008
 
Operations
34
JHibbard
Attend Science Ops IPT meeting in Chile
CLOSED
15 December 2007
 
Operations
81
JHibbard
Attend SciOps IPT f2f meeting
CLOSED
18 May 2008
in Santiago May 15-16
Operations
22
CCarilli
AUI exec comm. slides
CLOSED
29 November 2007
Chris sent Wed, John revised & sent on
Management
53
CCarilli
AUI Milkey Committee Material -- level 3WBS 1page, ppt, LRP
CLOSED
12 February 2008
+Hibbard. Need 1pagers Feb 8. Did writeup (19 pgs!), ppt
Management
1
JHibbard
book trip to Chile for SciOpsIPT f2f (Dec12-14)
CLOSED
13 November 2007
 
Operations
39
JHibbard
calculate FY2007 cost centers
CLOSED
10 January 2008
 
Budget
18
CCarilli
Canada MOU -- need to connect with adrian. will query james on definitions
CLOSED
28 November 2007
 
Canada
28
CCarilli
CSV job search - see above
CLOSED
05 December 2007
see above
Jobs
79
JHibbard
Evaluate impact of Continuing Resolution on FY09 budget, given FY08 expected carryover
CLOSED
12 May 2008
JAO response received 5/9
Budget
57
JHibbard
Figure out implication of NSF decision to outsource UVML
CLOSED
1 March 2008
have to wait until response to tender. Done 3/1 - UVML only competitor, so should go back the way things were. Will need to revise budget & Milestones
UVML
73
JHibbard
finalize ISS methodology
CLOSED
1 May 2008
with CC, PJ, DF, CC. f2f meeting in Socorro Apr9. Refined w/NR, DH, TM, GC. Presented at AUI Milkey Review 5/9
ISS
11
JHibbard
Finish defining categories, tasks and methodologies for Integrated Science Center
CLOSED
16 November 2007
sent to Dale, CC & Claire
ISS
85
JHibbard
Finish PEP & send to Carilli
CLOSED
30 May 2008
 
Management
14
CCarilli
Futures of Radio astronomy committee: thur/fri in Boulder. Write RMS landscape section for report, rewrite general landscape
CLOSED
23 November 2007
 
Science
44
JHibbard
generate currency conversion analysis for Ops, for Puxley
CLOSED
22 January 2008
with Mauricio
Budget
56
JHibbard
get cabal to staff ALMA Helpdesk
CLOSED
29 February 2008
JHibbard & CBrogan have accepted this duty
Helpdesk
6
JHibbard
get emails of casa beta users to NIS
CLOSED
14 November 2007
only ANASAC & UC so far
Helpdesk
7
JHibbard
instructions for helpdesk to USS's
CLOSED
14 November 2007
see this and this
Helpdesk
72
CCarilli
Job searches - ALMA EPO
CLOSED
22 April 2008
3/10: Take over search from EPO. April: Offer made & accepted.
Jobs
69
CBrogan
Job searches- CASA
CLOSED
31 March 2008
Letters requested from other candidates. Committee meeting Feb 20. Interviews conducted. Offer made 3/8. Declined. Other candidates committed. Search cancelled.
Jobs
5
JHibbard
make plans for ARC manager f2f in Santiago Dec 14
CLOSED
13 November 2007
 
Operations
10
JHibbard
make sure EA can use NIS helpdesk
CLOSED
16 November 2007
EA did not resize window!
Helpdesk
62
JHibbard
March NAASC meeting: agenda & minutes
CLOSED
13 March 2008
Management
63
JHibbard
Massive08 LOC: first meeting; minutes
CLOSED
14 March 2008
Workshops
58
JHibbard
Massive08 LOC: set up wiki
CLOSED
3 March 2008
Workshops
70
JHibbard
MassiveLOC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
4 April 2008
Workshops
76
JHibbard
MassiveLOC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
13 May 2008
Workshops
88
JHibbard
MassiveLOC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
4 June 2008
Workshops
96
JHibbard
MassiveLOC meeting; revised budget; update webpages
CLOSED
8 July 2008
 
Workshops
49
JHibbard
meet w/Russ Smeback & Fiscal to figure out (1) 2007 budget for reconciliation, (2) do we agree on 2008 budget (answer: yes), (3) how to keep on top of budget (answer: quarterly meetings, initially f2f)
CLOSED
6 February 2008
Mauricio will work on GL for 2007 budget (remove all reclass items)
Budget
9
JHibbard
meet with fiscal to figure out 2007 UVML expenditures
CLOSED
15 November 2007
We are $47k over what should have been expended. Ted has to track the paper trail down.
Budget
74
JHibbard
Meet with FY2009 NAASC staff to decide functional assignment
CLOSED
7 May 2008
Management
13
JHibbard
meet with Mark Adams & Ted Miller to discuss NAM ALMA EPO budget
CLOSED
20 November 2007
Mark should send me updated staffing plan. Must fit all activities within FY08 budget of $329k. Sent email summarizing meeting 11/26
EPO
92
JHibbard
meet with P. Andreani, A. Wicenec (Archive), T. Wilson, S. Marteau (helpdesk workflow) to discuss ESO user support
CLOSED
11 June 2008
 
Helpdesk
46
JHibbard
meet with Ulvestead to discuss NAASC ops w.r.t. NRAO Ops
CLOSED
29 January 2008
for AUI meeting
Management
4
JHibbard
minutes for last weeks NAASC meeting
CLOSED
13 November 2007
Management
84
JHibbard
NAASC Head replacment
CLOSED
29 May 2008
Committee work over. Up to DO now.
Jobs
71
JHibbard
NAASC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
8 April 2008
Management
77
JHibbard
NAASC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
15 May 2008
Management
89
JHibbard
NAASC meeting agenda & minutes
CLOSED
4 June 2008
Management
30
JHibbard
NAASC meeting: agenda on Monday, meeting on Wed, minutes
CLOSED
10 December 2007
Management
51
JHibbard
NAASC meeting: agenda, minutes
CLOSED
7 February 2008
Management
59
CCarilli
NAASC newsletter article
CLOSED
5 March 2008
ARticles from CC/JH + AR (Splatalog) & RI (workshop)
EPO
26
CCarilli
Newsletter input
CLOSED
05 December 2007
due Fri Nov 30. CC sent draft around.
EPO
60
JHibbard
participate in Archive planning with EVLA
CLOSED
7 March 2008
Meeting chaired by Gareth.
Archive
43
JHibbard
Participate in Archive test
CLOSED
16 January 2008
Archive
41
CCarilli
Participate in NRAO Town Hall at Austin AAS
CLOSED
10 January 2008
 
EPO
90
JHibbard
PEP Interview with Brogan
CLOSED
5 June 2008
 
Management
91
JHibbard
PEP Interview with Indebetouw
CLOSED
5 June 2008
 
Management
87
CCarilli
PEP Interview with JHibbard
CLOSED
2 June 2008
 
Management
75
JHibbard
Presentation at AUI Milkey committee on Integrated NRAO Operations
CLOSED
9 May 2008
NRAO-NTC
Management
83
JHibbard
Provide Head of DTS with materials on how AOP staffing/costs were derived
CLOSED
21 May 2008
to R. Prestage
Operations
32
CCarilli
readvertise CSV jobs; send announcement more widely (almanews; targeted)
CLOSED
11 December 2007
CC reposted to AAS. JH post to almanews; CB to sma, carma lists
Jobs
55
JHibbard
reconcile NTC staffing requirements in light of ACA support. Modify NAASC plan accordingly.
CLOSED
21 February 2008
Met with Langley & Ford 2/14. Waiting to hear back. Telecon with Welty 2/19.
Management
93
CCarilli
respond to CA MOU vers. 7
Closed
3 July 2008
awaiting signatures
Canada
27
JHibbard
Respond to Jewell on UVML MOU; check budget
CLOSED
05 December 2007
Met w/NTC, Fiscal & Art. Looks like we are set.
UVML
86
JHibbard
Respond to PEPs for Brogan, Indebetouw & return
CLOSED
2 June 2008
 
Management
61
JHibbard
Response to Milkey committee
CLOSED
10 March 2008
Money spent in NA vs. Chile; how much for offsite support & development
Budget
82
JHibbard
review AOP budget methodology with JAO ADM
CLOSED
18 May 2008
met w/Monica Moreno & Russ Smeback
Operations
42
JHibbard
review Construction->Ops staffing ramp from Welty
CLOSED
14 January 2008
Still need feedback from NTC, CIPT, e2e, EPO
Management
40
JHibbard
review FY2008Q1 budget
CLOSED
11 January 2008
problems with JAO charges; pursuing with MP et al.
Budget
45
JHibbard
review Long Range Plan; update budget table to Vers D
CLOSED
23 January 2008
 
Management
3
JHibbard
review response to NSF on UVML proposal
CLOSED
13 November 2007
 
UVML
20
CCarilli
Revise Canadian MOU -- telecon thurs Nov 29 3pm
CLOSED
29 November 2007
 
Canada
19
JHibbard
revise Canadian MOU appendices with AOPverD numbers
CLOSED
28 November 2007
 
Canada
38
JHibbard
Revised NAASC budget to remove user grants, but add standard NRAO user support (page charges, travel, student program)
CLOSED
08 January 2008
will match nsf profile.
Budget
48
CCarilli
Science workshop 2008 -- Massive star formation
CLOSED
05 February 2008
By Jan 1
Science
47
JHibbard
SciOps IPT action items: update wiki (helpdesk, casa info, versD staffing plan)
CLOSED
29 January 2008
 
Operations
8
JHibbard
SciOpsIPT telecon (CASA & helpdesk wikis)
CLOSED
15 November 2007
Operations
50
JHibbard
send AOPverD milestone, latest NAASC budget to James dF
CLOSED
7 February 2008
 
Canada
15
JHibbard
send email to beta testers about CASA
CLOSED
26 November 2007
sent draft to Nicole & Claire on 11/19
CASA
12
JHibbard
send email to USS about CASA
CLOSED
20 November 2007
 
Helpdesk
94
JHibbard
send list of ALMA Ops meetings to C. Lonsdale
CLOSED
6 July 2008
 
Management
16
CCarilli
Set travel for strategic planning retreat: Dec 10-11 cville
CLOSED
27 November 2007
 
Management
25
CBrogan
set up search committee for CASA developer
CLOSED
03 December 2007
 
Jobs
29
JHibbard
staffing planning.
CLOSED
10 December 2007
meeting monday. Awaiting input from Glendenning, Adams
Management
31
CCarilli
Strategic planning
CLOSED
11 December 2007
& CBrogan. Dec 10,11 cville
Management
97
JHibbard
submit FY09 unallowables budget to TMiller
CLOSED
11 July 2008
 
Budget
78
JHibbard
Submit material for Users Committee meeting
CLOSED
12 May 2008
UC in GB May 20-21
Management
65
CCarilli
submit materials for VC meeting
CLOSED
20 March 2008
VC meeting in Socorro Apr 8-9
AIV-CSV
80
JHibbard
Submit quarterly report 2008Q1
CLOSED
13 May 2008
 
Management
54
JHibbard
travel to STScI for "lessons learned" on helpdesk.
CLOSED
19 February 2008
with Gareth
Helpdesk
21
JHibbard
verify NAASC budget sent to NSF (NRC contribution, full accounting, AOPvD)
CLOSED
29 November 2007
carry into next week
Budget
23
JHibbard
verify NAASC budget sent to NSF (NRC contribution, full accounting, AOPvD)
CLOSED
29 November 2007
Sent to GClark et al. May need to iterate with Puxley to see why there is extra 1.7-2M in late years
Budget
95
JHibbard
write memo on FY09 NAASC budget in light of CR
CLOSED
8 July 2008
 
Budget
2
JHibbard
Write memo to Phil & George detailing how changes in AOPverD reflect on preliminary revised NAASC budget
CLOSED
13 November 2007
 
Budget

-- JohnHibbard - 26 Nov 2007
Topic revision: r39 - 2008-07-22, JohnHibbard
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback