-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2011-11-30

NAASC Meeting for November 30, 2011


This agenda is available at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NAASCMtgAgenda

Meeting Logistics:

  • Call date: Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011
  • Call time 13:00 ET or 18:00 UT
  • Duration: 1.0 hr
  • Locations: CV-ER230/TUC-N525/AOC-west conf. room/JAO-Alsacia/JAO-OSF(Science)/NRC **
  • Connection for Video:
    • From NRAO select "CV-ER230"
    • hub ip=192.33.117.16
    • alternative ip for Chile only, if above drops: 192.33.117.17
  • USA toll-free Number: 877-803-9367
  • Outside USA Number: +1 434-972-7268
  • Leader: Wootten

Attendees:

  • CV: Attendees: Al, Carol, Rachel, Amy, Remy, Tony, John H, Scott, Adam, Dongchan, Arielle, Crystal, Todd, Jonathan, Jeff, Kimberly, Mark A, Jim, Lyndele, Nuria
  • TUC:
  • Socorro: Heidi, Steve Meyers
  • Canada: James, Gerald
  • Chile:
  • Other:
  • Apologies:

Action Items

Open Action Items:

Closed Action Items:

Agenda

  • NAASC Visitors:
  • Personnel
    • Darrel Emerson is retiring at the end of December.
    • Recruiting NAASC postdoc, Software Engineer II.
    • Scott reported ~20 applicants for PD position
  • Project News (AWootten)
  • Group Reports
    • Science Communications & EPO (T. Burchel/Lyndele)
      • PBS film - new NPR rep will be giving comments, and animations will be added. PBS also requires that no more than 75% of funding come from any one source; will now be enforcing that rule. We'll need to find a way around that.
      • NBC News - Rock Center with Brian Williams, Monday at 10. Their correspondent, Harry Smith, was here and wants to do an 11-12 minute segment on ALMA. Scott Ransom was chosen to be the 'interpreter'. Filming was accomplished last week. Possible air date ~2 months. Piece may be posted on internet before airing.
      • There was a live broadcast in Spanish
    • NaascManagement (Al)
    • Science Workshops (Lonsdale/Wootten)
    • UserSupportGroup (Carol)
    • DataServicesGroup (Mark)
      • See DataServicesMeetingMinutes
      • Archive - can now ASDMs out of archive in Charlottesville. Now on secure system. Move into production in the next day or two. SV data may now be available, but dbase is not yet synced with metadata. Normal ALMA login will work. Data analysts will actually do the work of retrieving the data.
      • DM workshop held on Nov 14-15
    • JAOSupportGroup (John H)
      • See JAOsupportMinutes2011Nov10
      • OT tests - Dec 1-9. First chance to look at OT and provide feedback
      • Data reduction support visits to Chile. First set: Crystal & Todd, Oct 17-Nov 4; Kartik & Remy Nov-Dec. Other candidates: Al, Steve, Ed (return). Tentative schedule will be worked out in JSG meetings and posted to NAASC2Chile.
    • Imaging/Data Tiger Team (Crystal)
      • Starting effort to outline cycle1 32-antenna configurations See jira ticket
    • Tiger Team (Crystal): Meeting canceled due to DR workshop
    • News from NRC (Schieven):
      • Putting together proposal for Band One for Development CfP (with Taiwan and Chile)
      • Visitor support is in progress; computer is on order
      • Primer editing is continuing
      • Holding a meeting this pm to talk about work with CV-NAASC
    • News from Taiwan (Aaron)
  • Main Topic:
    • Integrated Test Imminent
    • ES Observing continues, first data package received in ER (?)
      • The ALMA "Phase 2 Group" (P2G) is busy creating ph2 products (SBs, JIRA tickets) for xx "Highest Priority" Batch 3 projects.
        • Status
      • Second P2G bootcamp in Santiago Oct 26-28. Gerald attended to become additional NA P2G member for Batch 3 (Nov 1 - Dec 15)
      • See Draft Cycle I Capabilities in presentation.
    • Results from ALMA Board meetings (Al/Carol)
      • Delay on announcement for Cycle 1
  • Any Other Business

Additional Supporting Material

Minutes of Past Meetings

-- AlWootten - 2011-11-01

This topic: ALMA > WebHome > NAASC > NAASCMtgAgenda > NaascMinutes2011Nov30
Topic revision: 2011-11-30, LyndeleVonSchill
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback