ACTION: update top level NAASC webpage to highlight NAASC supported user tools.
NOTES: JStoke made some design changes to naasc.nrao.edu and asked us to give him feedback
Action Items from this meeting:
ACTION: meet with MPilleux to discuss ARC-to-Chile logistic support
ACTION: notify NAASC staff what model we adopt for ETK
ACTION: identify NA participants for ops s/w review
NAASC News (AWootten in lieu of Hibbard/Lonsdale)
Carol is in Socorro for AD f2f meeting
JStoke is in Chile for EPO IPT f2f meeting
Paolo Cortes (ALMA Test Scientist, reporting to AIV) is here visiting us this week (future visitors listed at end)
Dave Mehringer accepted CASA Developer job; will start in May
Kartik Sheth accepted CSV2 job; will start in the Fall
Rachel Friesen accepted NAASC Postdoc; will concentrate on scientific exercising of CASA
Adam Leroy will bring Hubble to NAASC to work with Carol
Did not fill the splatalogue postdoc. Will need to decide what to do about this.
We had visits by Thijs de Grauuw, Peter Teuben, & Mark Lacy last month. All went very well.
Michelle Thornley & Jack Gallimore will visit us next Monday March 9 for half a day
Henry Mathews will visit March 15.
JH just returned from Chile, where he met with AUI Office (Eduardo Hardy etc) on logistics support for ARC CSV support travel - they are very enthusiastic to support us. Are working on FAQs, travel logistics support, housing, phones. AI: JH, TR meet with MPilleux to discuss this further. JH also attended Head of Admin f2f meeting which went well.
SciOpsIPT working on Ops s/w requirements review - see main event. Also updating ppt on ALMA Proposal Review process.
NAASC held internal meeting 2/17 to discuss ObsPrep phase I, in preparation to telecon on 2/19 with Bridger and others (HLiszt, THunter & JHibbard participated for NA). Emphasis is on identifying missing requirements and refining operational process, for input to May s/w review (see main event)
NAASC staff participated in ETK training. Supposed to start using in April. AI: CL - notify NAASC staff what model we adopt for ETK.
AWootten attended NHSC Readiness Review 26-27 Feb. Gave some interesting feedback on planned user support.
Project News (Wootten)
Next meeting Garching proposed 19-20 Sep
At last Science IPT telecon, RHills reported that in addition to monthly Science IPT telecons, JAO is starting to hold monthly meetings with each Executive, so that people aren't calling in at midnight. Suggests that NA meeting with JAO could be this meeting. They would give status report in this slot. We could shorten other areas by moving Main Event to tuesday 4pm slot, like we did with ObsPrep discussion. Do we think it would be good to use this slot to have JAO call in to give us update on their activities? Yes; will have JAO take over the Project News section, and make more use of the Tuesday timeslots to discuss the more detailed items.
Telecon was held Jan 23. Details available on the telecon agenda, including new charges to the ANASAC.
Main Event: (JHibbard)
Operations S/W requirements Review. Goal: review current s/w requirements for major operations s/w subsystems and identify any operational requirements that may have been missed. Preparatory work: identify international groups for each subsystem (need representatives from each ARC) to review Design Document, Development Plan, and Subsystem Requirements for each system. Meet via telecon/videocon/email to discuss these from now until June. Review will be held by video from Taiwan (before Taipei meeting). Subsystems & suggested NAASC participants:
ObsPrep phase I: HLiszt, (THunter), (JHibbard)
ObsPrep phase II: THunter, (HLiszt), (JHibbard)
User Portal: NRadziwill, BKent, (JHibbard)
Scheduling: GSchieven, (someone from GBT?)
Archive: CLonsdale (someone from CADC?)
Pipeline: CBrogan, (SMyers), (HLiszt)
Helpdesk: JHibbard, CLonsdale
Executive: N/A (operator interface - will be done by JAO)
Quicklook (AoD/Operator Interfaces): ARemijan
CASA - probably will not be included, but needs to be verified w/BGlendenning
Proposed process: JAO will set up wiki with links to all relevant documents, and excerpts from AOP. Leads & participants will be identified for each subsystem, and the Leads will start communication with the group and Lead Developer, and subsystem Scientist (if they are available). These groups will meet biweekly until mid May, with the goal of identifying missing requirements and setting priorities & schedule for these compared to existing requirements. The subsystem Leads & Lead developers will develop ppt presentations for review in June in Taipei.
AI: CL/JH/GS - identify NA participants for ops s/w review.
Reports from Working Groups
UT5 (regression test, single dish heuristics) . Only C. Wilson is participating in this. Dates?
UT6 tentatively scheduled early 2009. Scope includes calibration and imaging improvements