Rachel Friesen is visiting. Will start 1st week of sept
Crystal attended Early ALMA Science workshop on Disks and the Epoch of Planet Formation; 20-21 Jul CfA
They are very interested in ES array configs & correlator modes, and milestones
RHills has new "official" board-approved milestones (many dates removed). AI on AW to post board-approved milestones
AI on CB to remind RH to send configuration file of ES array(s) for use with almasimmos
Recent reports (will post when they become available):
Long Range Plan (2011-2015)
2009Q3 Quarterly Report
FY2010 Program Plan
SciOpsIPT f2f meeting this weekend (Aug 9-11) in Green Bank. Carol, John H. & Gerald will attend. Will review drafts of DSO & ARC Implementation plans (see main topic)
ARC trips to Chile in support of CSV start this month
Tony: Aug 15-Nov 13
James diF: Nov
Kartik: Nov 21-Apr 5, 2010
Tony: April 2010; Aug-Nov 2010
*AI: All other NAASC staff should send their preferred months/months they cannot go in CY2010 to JHibbard by November*.
Tony Remijan is working on FAQ; will distribute soon
Any questions for Alison, if she is available today?
Fall will be a VERY BIG hiring push for NAASC - at least 3 astronomers, splatalogue postdoc, multiple Data Analysts, EPO support, Archive support. AI on Carol: Search committees need to be set up & convened in order to refine ads.
NRC News (Schieven)
Gerald traveled to NAASC July 12-17 for ALMA review. Will go to GB Aug 9-11 for SciOpsIPT f2f meeting.
Gerald produced proposed "in-kind" contribution for CY2010. CL & JH approved with very minor modifications
Doug is finishing up band 1 science document. Needs weather stats from RH/AW.
f23 meeting Sep 25-26 in CV. Need agenda & video link set up AI on AW. Possible items:
Alison will be available, if we want her to give them a CSV report (JH suggests: SV process; ES modes)
Something on Development
Have Remy to alma simos demo?
Jack Gallimore's mediawiki pages for casa use cases?
Main Event: Science Operations Implementation Review
Santiago, September 29-30, 2009
External review of DSO & ARC Implementation Plans
Table of Contents of plans is posted at end of this agenda
drafts of plans being reviewed this weekend at SciOpsIPT f2f meeting
expect to use many of you to help review/clairify these in coming weeks.
Final drafts due Sept 7
Reports from Working Groups
UT6 is in the planning stages. Scope includes calibration and imaging improvements, possibly small mosaics. Will involve outside users. Testers should be identified by June, with the hope that the test will start early in July
NOTE!! Unlike past meeting, NRAO and UVa people will not be automatically registered. So if you plan to attend, you will need to register when general registration opens (Friday, Aug 7). Also note - more pre-registrants than spaces available, so if you don't register, you may not get a space