This agenda is available at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NaascMinutes2008Apr02

NAASC Organizational Meeting: Wednesday Apr 2, 1-2:30pm ET (1700-1830UT), CV-ER311/TUC-N525/Soc280(SO-conf2)

Meeting Information

  • Call date: 2008-04-02 (Wednesday)
  • Call time 13:00 ET or 17:00 UT
  • Duration: 1.5 hr
  • Non toll-free number: 434-244-6834
  • USA toll-free Number: 866-675-5385
  • Outside USA Number: +1 517-444-6916
  • Passcode: 8445333#
  • Leader: Hibbard

Attendees

  • CV: CB, RI, JM, RR, AR, AW, JH, TH
  • Soc: CC
  • GB:
  • ATF: BG
  • Canada: JdF
  • Tuc:

Action Items from past meetings (RED=OPEN)

  • ACTION: Finish Newsletter article
    • WHO: Carilli et al.
    • DUE: March 6
    • DONE: March 6
    • NOTES:
  • ACTION: Arrange for office space for new hires
    • WHO: Hibbard/Miller
    • DUE: April 6
    • DONE: March 13
    • NOTES:
  • ACTION: provide revised ALMA EPO plan/staff ramp-up for NAASC EPO effort consistent with planned funding level
    • WHO: M.Adams
    • DUE: Dec 15
    • DONE:
    • NOTES:
  • ACTION: Write revised NAASC proposal: budget methodology; changes from Washington review
    • WHO: Hibbard
    • DUE: Jan-30
    • DONE: New budget done 11/13. Need text.
  • ACTION: CASA testing for beta patch 1
    • WHO: esp. Remijan, Indebetouw, Hibbard, Carilli, Brogan, Myers. Anyone else who can.
    • DUE: Feb 15 -> as soon as "blockers" fixed. Today?
    • DONE:
    • NOTES: mac version not ready.
  • ACTION: Give Nicole names for science advisory groups, so they can all be testers.
    • WHO: Cbrogan
    • DUE: Feb 15 -> after patch 1 released.
    • DONE:
    • NOTES:
  • ACTION: Review NAASC webpage you are responsible for (see assignments) prior to monthly NAASC Org. Meeting
    • WHO: Everyone
    • DUE: prior to meeting
    • DONE:

Action Items from this meeting:

  • ACTION:
    • WHO:
    • DUE:
    • DONE:
    • NOTES:

Agenda

  • NAASC News (Carilli/Hibbard)
    • NAASC staffing:
      • ARemijan has accepted staff scientist position as CSV Liaison No. 1. Starting June 1
      • Offer has been made for staff scientist position as CSV Liaison No. 2. We have 2 well qualified backups that we will go to if offer is not accepted.
      • RReid has accepted position with CIPT as CASA developer. Based in CV. Starting June 1
      • Offer for NAASC CASA Developer has been declined. We are debating what to do with this position.
      • Have an outstanding candidate for EPO program manager. Waiting to see how this pans out.
      • Positions to advertise in FY09: Archive Technician (CY2008Q4); Web content manager (CY2009Q2).
      • Expect to bring on ~2 NRAO staff into NAASC in FY09.
    • NAASC Office space: Rob & Tony will stay in current offices. Aaron & CSV2 will have pick of Barry's and Dana's office. Jansky Postdocs will go into visitors office (across from Scott).
    • Presentation to Visiting Committee in Socorro next Tu-We (Carilli)
    • Discussion with EVLA on 'Integrated Science Center' in Socorro next Wed (Hibbard)
    • CFP for SIS development work had only one bid received, from UVML. Now need NSF to sign off on it.
    • Got document from HR on NRAO "Extended Foreign Assignment allowances" that covers deployments > 1 yr to Chile. Review. Also of relevance for shorter trips is the "Letter for Temporary Field Service Allowance to Chile"
    • CA MOU: next week to CC
    • UC meeting in GB May 8-9. JH will give NAASC talk, CB will give CASA.

  • ANASAC (Carilli)
    • Telecon: Fri Mar14 2pm EDT. Minutes
    • Working on charge on "Community Support". JH wrote long email to ABlaine, heard no reply.
    • ASAC meeting will follow Massive08 workshop

  • Main Event:
    • proto-Archive: will be based in Charlottesville, in computer room. NGAS server. Will purchase CY2009q1, to be ready for CSV data. Will also buy high-end workstation with ample diskspace for all commissioning data, and whatever will run casa the fastest (baseline: what Scott just bought: dual-quad, 18TB disk, tons of RAM). This machine will be used to serve CSV data to the public, and for use to process commissioning data (although you can pull it over to your own machine too). May be available for external use. Will hire Archive Tech near end of year to set up & maintain this system, & to learn about NGAS & other NRAO archiving efforts. Longer term Archive plan will wait till we gain experience with this system, and as EVLA gains experience with theirs. Will be made in concert with e2e & IT.
    • NAASC Implementation Plan - basis for https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NAASC#Functional_Assignments_for_FY200. Sent to most of you already. We'll discuss.
    • Remy "script wiki" question

-- JohnHibbard - 02 May 2008

This topic: ALMA > WebHome > NAASC > NAASCMtgAgenda > NaascMinutes2008Apr02
Topic revision: 2008-05-27, JohnHibbard
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback