This agenda is available at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NaascMinutes2007Jan03

NAASC Organizational Meeting: Wednesday Jan 3, 1-2:30pm ET (1800-1930UT), CV-ER311/TUC-N525/Soc280(SO-conf2)

Meeting Information

  • Call date: 2007-01-03 (Wednesday)
  • Call time 13:00 ET or 18:00 UT
  • Duration: 1.5 hr
  • Non toll-free number: 434-244-6834
  • USA toll-free Number: 866-675-5385
  • Outside USA Number: +1 517-444-6916
  • Passcode: 8445333
  • Leader: John Hibbard

Attendees

  • CV: Crystal Brogan, Al Wootten, Rob Reid, Juan Uson, Mark Adam, JHibb
  • Soc: Deb Shepherd
  • GB: Todd Hunter

Action Items from last meeting

  • Move NAASC wiki to wikio so it can be seen outside NRAO
  • Update NAASC webpage: Ask M.Adams if EPO hire in early 2007 can provide some support
    • WHO: Carilli
    • DUE: Jan 3 2007
    • DONE: Dec 20 2006
    • NOTES: Yes, they can. We provide content, they add to our webpages. Interviews for content manager on-going. Update Feb 2007: this position was not filled, so we are on our own for now.
  • Update NAASC webpage: Ask JAO to take over maintenance of (non-N.Am specific) website at http://www.alma.nrao.edu/
    • WHO: J. Hibbard
    • DUE: Jan 11 2007=>March 2007
    • DONE:
    • NOTES: JAO is too busy with review to address this. After review
  • Update NAASC webpages: assignments as follows:
  • Get pdf version of latest ALMA brochure in English & Spanish and post off of NAASC webpage
    • WHO: A. Hales
    • DUE: Jan 3 2007
    • DONE: Dec 20 2006
  • Email Deb about who official NAASC representatives will be for ALMA Offline test in Socorro during week of March 5th 2007
    • WHO: C. Brogan
    • DUE: Jan 3 2007
    • DONE: Dec 20 2006
    • NOTES: C. Brogran will be pre-tester. A. Remijan will test single dish, C. Carilli will do regression testing.

Agenda

  • NAASC News (Carilli)
    • NAASC proposal is being refereed. Referees reports will be sent to N.Am members of panel that is going to review ALMA Ops Plan. Will be reviewed after AOP on March 1 2007 (TBC).
    • The "ALMA Operations Plan, version B" is being revised by Operations Working Group. Version B2 sent Dec 21. Telecon tomorrow (Jan 4) to review this. J.Hibbard to travel to Chile Jan 7-11 to finalize some aspects. Internal ESO review Jan 16-18. Expect intermediate version for ESO review committee and ALMA Board subcommittee by Jan 11 2007. Final version for external review due to ALMA Board Jan 29. To be externally reviewed Feb 27-28 in Washington D.C. (TBC).
    • The NA URSI meeting is 22-26 July 2007 in Ottawa. Commission J topics include a focus on ALMA: Peter Napier and Lewis Knee are co-chairs of the "Advances for the ALMA" session. Proposals for half or full day workshops in conjunction with the meeting are accepted through 2 February . We should consider this. WVR phase correction (would include VLA)?

  • Project News (Wootten)
    • News
      • Al reported that R. Hills will be next project scientist. Expected to arrive at SCO by November 2007.
      • Unilateral Antenna Spec Changes: ACA 7m Comments?
      • TICRA reports (EM analysis of Antenna)
      • Schedule. SCIE Early Science Key Triggers
      • ATF: CIPT and Sci IPT will share the use of the ATF the week of 2 Jan.
    • VertexRSI antenna review report not yet available.
    • Extended configuration (Mark Holdaway). Not finished.
    • Sci IPT f2f meeting this year
    • AWGonSLF
    • DRSP
    • PSI Workshop Jan 2007 Science Commissioning detail plan

  • ANASAC
    • Latest telecon occurred on Friday Dec 8 2006. Agenda
    • Next telecon Friday Jan 26 2007.

  • Reports from Working Groups
    • Software Testing (Hibbard):
      • Pipeline testing: Test4 moved to Jan 10 2007, for 4 weeks. John & Ed will be external testers from the NAASC.
      • Offline testing: Test5 moved to week of March 5th to accommodate Japanese participants. Tony Remijan & Chris Carilli will be NAASC testers. L. Knee will also be tester. C. Brogran will pre-test.
      • Integrated User Test News (Shepherd) Deb reports: The ALMA Computing IPT (CIPT) held a user test December 18-22, 2006 at the ALMA Test Facility (ATF) to evaluate holography operations. Testers were: Debra Shepherd, CIPT/SSR, Andy Hale, CIPT/SSR and Antonio Hales, Sci IPT. Testing which focused on system-wide computing capabilities was performed from 8 AM to Noon each day. Darrel Emerson (Sci IPT) then took priority to troubleshoot the hardware. During the afternoons testers supported Darrel by running holography SBs, reducing data and resolving computing issues that arose. A total of 23 holography ASDMs for the Vertex antenna were produced in the course of this holography test. Different scanning modes of the antenna were tested which, in similar observing conditions, produced consistent results. Operational procedures for the ATF and, in particular, holography operations are being updated and will be made available to visiting observers.
      • Casapy User Interface: The week of Dec. 18th was devoted to an extensive EVLA NAUG test. Crystal participated. The new interface shows promise but there are still many bugs. Using casapy remotely in C'ville was especially challenging. A daily update has been implemented. Test reports etc. can be found at http://projectoffice.aips2.nrao.edu/EVLA2006.12/EVLA2006.12.html For the next six weeks or so we will have NAUG meetings every wenesday. Plan to institute "user support Fridays" in the hopes of getting people testing each Friday.
      • Casapy simulator: Expected to be released to the NAASC in Feb 2007. Current plan is that both Joe McMullen and Steve Myers will travel to C'ville for first week of Feb. for initial NAASC testing. They are still hoping for an April public release of simulator (will be casapy underneath but only show simulator stuff to the user).
    • Calibration Group (JeffMangum): Calibration
    • Imaging Group (AlWootten):
    • MM Calibrator/Spectral Line Databases (Tony Remijan)
    • Webpages (Tony Remijan):   * Juan and Darrell S. are investigating some open-source content software.
    • EPO (Adams/J. Uson)
    • NAASC Workshops (Brogan)
      • Where do we stand on 2007 workshop on disks?
        • Pre-registration and Abstract submission is now open (until Feb. 28)
        • 58 People are currently pre-registered
        • Anneila Sargent has agreed to give Keynote talk
      • Carilli & Simon Radford is planing a working group meeting between the CCAT and NAASC in the early Spring.
    • ALMA Meetings: (Wootten)


Supporting Material

-- JohnHibbard - 05 Feb 2007
Topic revision: r1 - 2007-02-05, JohnHibbard
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback