Default ETK Effort
The Default ETK Effort Table
lists the default accounts to which your time will be charged, for use with the "Monthly Percentage Entry" in ETK. For most work-weeks, this should reflect how you split your time. Note that there is a √ mark next to the account that serves as your "home account."
Atypical ETK Effort
However, there are a number of areas we expect staff to charge effort to, but on a per-effort basis. On the days you work in these areas, you should add the appropriate accounts or codes to your timecard.
- 711000 Diversity
- 721000 JAO CSV Support in Chile
- 723000 Science Exchange (visits to another ARC, ARC node, or possibly Chile)
- 782100 Technical Assessments or Proposal Review support
- 782610 Software Testing
- "Admin" code in ETK for time spent in meetings not directly associated with your work in the NAASC
- "EPO" code in ETK for time spent on EPO efforts
If you have any questions, please contact JohnHibbard
As we move to this system, we would like you to book your travel according to its purpose. E.g., travel to Chile for ALMA Ops would be booked to 721000.4690. Travel to represent NAASC at a meeting or for a tutorial would be booked to 782520.xxxx. Travel for research would be booked to 782700.xxxx. (where xxxx= appropriate object codes, 4690 for international travel, 4686 for domestic travel). Note - while you will book your research travel to a separate account, you will not do so for the time you spend on science research.