JAO Support Group Meeting, Thursday Mar 31, 2011, 10:30-11:00 ET (1430-1500UT)
- Time: 10:30 - 11:00 ET = 1430 - 1500 UT
- Todays location: CV-ER209
- 2nd Thursdays Location:
- Room: CV-ER331
- Video Hub: 220.127.116.11
- Domestic Call In: 434-293-7109
- Int'l Call In: 434-293-6691
- 4th Thursdays Location:
- Room: CV-ER209
- Video Hub: 18.104.22.168
- Toll-free: 866 560 2652
- Toll: 517 308 7468
- Passcode: 2652628
Open Action Items
- Action on Tiger Team: Write up use cases for ARCs needing local access to Telcal and OSS and send to CIPT
- Action on CSV Liaisons (Stuartt, Ed): Make list of "top 20" issues to know about when traveling for CSV
- Action on JH: Write up plan for evolution of Tiger Team effort to as follows: Tiger Team -> reduction of test datasets -> reduction scripts for SV data -> Staff training on SV data -> SV guides for users -> evaluate pipeline performance on SV data -> pipeline hueristics
- Attendees: CB, TH, NM, EF, AW, JH, HL, SC
- Minutes from last weeks meeting are posted at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/JAOsupportMinutes2011Mar17
- Pencil schedule for CSV support: NAASC2Chile
- Calibrator sources (concern raised by ASAC): what if anything can be done to help with the development of the Calibration tool & calibrator database? Ideally need scriptable interface. No clear workplan exists. Stuartt is going to try to get some traction with people down there. We would like it if Ed and Nuria could start doing real work observing potential calibrators during their June-July trips to Chile
- SciOpsIPT issues:
- SciOpsPoliciesWGs: Waiting for final copies of PRP, Ph2 (JH needs to edit the later). Helpdesk needs updated for JIRA process. Archive/SP done.
- New version of TA Guidelines posted to wiki: (v1.6, Mar 29, 2011). See email below - RK wants comments by tomorrow.
- Next f2f meeting: Santiago, July 18-22 (during TA workshop & pan-ARC/JAO love-fest).
- User tutorials: USG maintains a google spreadsheet for NAASC staff to express interest in supporting tutorials at various locations at CommunityEventsDays.
- JH will do STScI (April 18). TH will do CfA (April 20)
- JH & SC will do NYC, Boston AAS (May).
- NM will do CV-based events (Apr 26-27, May 9-10)
- First cut at a Chile travel FAQ posted to https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NAASCTravelChileFAQ. I have asked Lyndele to work with a number of you (Kartik, Tony, Stuartt, Todd, Al, Ed, Nuria) to refine. Is this a good enough start? Can I remove this item?
- Integrated Test 3: Test over. I will post final reports if/when the become available
- Stay tuned for https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/ALMATigerTeamMtg2011March31
Email from R. Kneissl about update to TA Guidelines
Subject: No TA working group telecon tomorrow
From: "Ruediger Kneissl" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:07:09 -0400 (CLT)
To: "Lars-Ake Nyman" <email@example.com>, "Ruediger Kneissl" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Baltasar Vila vilaro" <email@example.com>, "Mark G. Rawlings" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Todd R. Hunter" <email@example.com>, "Harvey Liszt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Stuartt Corder" <email@example.com>, "Aya HIGUCHI" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Eelco van Kampen" <email@example.com>, "Martin Zwaan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
, "John E. Hibbard" <email@example.com>
In light of the CfP preparations there will be no TA telecon on 29 March. I expect we will have a telecon next week instead.
What I would like to ask though is an update to the latest version of the attached TA guide. Please could every leader of a subtopic review the text for the following aspects:
- update the guidelines where the questions in the check list have changed.
- each section should first call out the items that we expect all PIs to include in their Technical Justification and what parameters in the OT should be used to validate these, and under what cases projects can be deemed unfeasible based on these values. Other items constitute areas that TAs may comment on, either to be passed along to the PI or to other ALMA staff (ph2 prep; scheduling).
Please let me have your input by the end of this week.