JAO Support Group Meeting, Thursday Apr 28, 2011, 10:00-11:00 ET (1400-1500UT)

Meeting Logisics

  • Time: 10:00 - 11:00 ET = 1400 - 1500 UT
  • Todays location: CV-ERxxx
  • 2nd Thursdays Location:
    • Room: CV-ER331
    • Video Hub: 192.33.117.19
    • Domestic Call In: 434-293-7109
    • Int'l Call In: 434-293-6691
  • 4th Thursdays Location: BUT TODAY WE GOT BUMPED BACK TO RM ER331
    • Room: CV-ER209
    • Video Hub: 192.33.117.17
    • Toll-free: 866 560 2652
    • Toll: 517 308 7468
    • Passcode: 2652628

Open Action Items

  1. Action on Tiger Team: Write up use cases for ARCs needing local access to Telcal and OSS and send to JH to take to SciOpsIPT
  2. Action on CSV Liaisons (Stuartt, Ed): Make list of "top 20" issues to know about when traveling for CSV
  3. Action on JH: Write up plan for evolution of Tiger Team effort to as follows: Tiger Team -> reduction of test datasets -> reduction scripts for SV data -> Staff training on SV data -> SV guides for users -> evaluate pipeline performance on SV data -> pipeline hueristics

Agenda

  • Attendees: AR, CB, TH, AW, NM, JH, HL. Apologies: SC (off), EF (in Edinburgh)
  • Minutes from last meeting are posted at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/JAOsupportMinutes2011Apr14
  • Reports from Chile (Al)
    • 1st 7m antenna at AOS. Have observed w/10 antennas.
  • On-going Activities:
    • Pencil schedule for CSV support: NAASC2Chile (Ed going down June for 2 turnos, Nuria to overlap and do 3 turnos)
    • TA workshop/pan-ARC lovefest: At last weeks meeting, we expressed our preference for format No. 2. Stuartt volunteered to be the NA organizer. Does SC need additional help from here (TH?) for coordinating? Anticipated Attendees: AW, HL, TH, CB, SC, JdF, SS [JH at SciOpsIPT]
    • OT time calculation for Cycle1: At last weeks meeting we identified NA participants: Al, Ed, Harvey, Crystal, Me. EU wants to limit this to 2/region, so lets downselect and count on our participants to solicit feedback from the rest of us. Harvey & Todd. We will make this the main focus of next weeks meeting.
    • Integrated Test 3: Test over. Final reports available at http://wikis.alma.cl/bin/view/DSO/IntegratedTestJanuary2011#Final_Test_Reports
    • User tutorials: USG maintains a google spreadsheet for NAASC staff to express interest in supporting tutorials at various locations at CommunityEventsDays.
      • JH & SC will do NYC, UMass, Boston AAS (May).
      • NM will do CV-based events (May 9-10)
    • SciOpsPoliciesWGs: Waiting for final copies of PRP, Ph2 (JH needs to edit the latter). Helpdesk needs updated for JIRA process. Archive/SP appears to be undergoing an iteration.
    • Chile travel FAQ posted to https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/NAASCTravelChileFAQ. I have asked Lyndele to work with a number of you (Kartik, Tony, Stuartt, Todd, Al, Ed, Nuria) to refine. Some work done on this recently. Can I remove this item? => YES. Nuria will use for her trip and give feedback directly to Lyndele
  • New Activities:
    • IT4 just started. Candidate proposals for TA. Very small test mostly to test SCO archive installation, TA guidelines, and fixed issues w/OT, Ph1M.
    • Review of Technical Handbook - assignments given at end of agenda. Comments due tomorrow am.
    • New "Plans to fill, update, and refine the ALMA Calibrator Catalog" by Corder et al. (circulated via email). Ed will be major player. Are other JSG members desired/available?
    • Need to collect any new requirements for R9.0 by end of May. Expected contributions:
      • OT time calculation (via new FBT)
      • Ability to run Telcal & OSS from ARCs (see action item)
      • What else? SP? Other OT? Archive?
  • Next SciOpsIPT f2f meeting: Santiago, July 18-22 (during TA workshop & pan-ARC/JAO love-fest).

Additional Material:

Assigned Experts for Review of Technical Handbook

From JEH email 4/26/2011

Hi all,

Thanks for agreeing to review the revised draft of the technical handbook.

Like last time, I've made assignments so that not everyone needs to proof the entire handbook in depth, but to ensure that each section gets at least one set of expert eyes on it. So here are the assignments:

Sec02 Antennas: Jeff Mangum (3 pgs)
Sec03 Frontend: Todd Hunter (21 pgs)
Sec04 ACD: Jeff Mangum (2 pgs)
Sec05 IF & LO Chain: Darrel Emerson (3 pgs)
Sec06 Signal Distrib: Darrel Emerson (6 pgs)
Sec07 Delay Correction: Darrel Emerson (1 pg)
Sec08 Correlator: Todd Hunter (4 pgs)
Sec09 Observing Projects: Harvey Liszt (7 pgs)
Sec10 Configs: Al Wootten (7 pgs)
Sec11 Simulations: Remy & Scott Schnee (6 pgs)
Sec12 Sens. Calc: Harvey Liszt (5 pgs)
Sec13 Calibration Ed Fomalont & Jeff Mangum (4 pgs)
Sec14 Qual.Assur John Hibbard (3 pgs)
Sec15 Archiving Mark Lacy (3pgs)
Secs16-18 Setups Crystal Brogan (8 pgs)

You are of course welcome to provide comments on sections other than those assigned to you above.

Yesterday I told the entire NAASC that I preferred edits either as comments inserted into the word doc, or in a text file, rather than rewriting/reformatting the text in the word document. For you experts, if you prefer to make changes FOR YOUR ASSIGNED SECTIONS directly into the word document, I will take them that way. Suggested edits to other sections should be inserted as "comments" in the word doc or sent separately.

Please recognize that noting critical omissions is just as important as correcting the existing text. So if there is something that you think HAS to be there that isn't, please include that.

Comments due Friday morning, April 29. If I get comments earlier, I would welcome them.

I have not reattached the document - if you need it, just ask and I'll resend it.

Thanks,

-john

Stuartt's plan for calibrator database work was circulated via email.

-- JohnHibbard - 2011-04-27

This topic: ALMA > WebHome > NAASC > JAOSupportGroup > JAOsupportMinutes2011Apr28
Topic revision: 2011-05-03, JohnHibbard
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback