Helpdesk Integration Requirements Group Minutes: 2014 May 01

  • Time: May 1, 3pm - 4pm
  • Rooms: CV-331/AOC-317/GB-137
  • Video hub:
  • Audio: 434-817-6286
Attendance: Anand, Carol, Drew, Heidi, Kelly

Agenda / Minutes

  • Review of Action Items from previous meeting: HDIntegrationRequirements2014Apr24
    • ACTION: Carol will work on improving Section 2.
  • Review of updated draft v3.0: Requirements Doc v0.3
    • Automatic vs. Manual account linking
      • Automatic account linking cannot be done for security reasons. The ALMA Sci. Portal currently allows users to change email addresses without confirming that they actually own the new address. With automatic linking, this could allow a person to gain access to another user's tickets.
    • Updated department structure
      • Sub-sub-departments cannot currently be implemented in Kayako.
      • ACTION: Anand will talk with Gareth to determine the purpose of the Account Management department.
      • The proposed ALMA department structure may pass the HDWG, but Carol is not sure.
      • ACTION: Carol will create a mock view of the proposed ALMA department structure.
  • AOB
    • ACTION: Anand will get POP deadlines for helpdesk requirements and implementation when he talks with Tim.
    • ACTION: Anand will update draft based on today's discussion.
  • Next meeting: May 8, 3pm, same location


    • Section 4. Item 2: In addition to updating ticket departments, user email addresses may also be updated. Currently, the NRAO Helpdesk synchronizes ticket email addresses with the user's primary address in the User Portal when the user logs in to the helpdesk. The ALMA helpdesk, on the other hand, synchronizes email addresses at the time of user login AND once every 24 hours. Should this 24-hour update be a requirement?
Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
IntegratedHelpdeskRequirements_v0.2.docxdocx IntegratedHelpdeskRequirements_v0.2.docx manage 352 K 2014-04-30 - 16:28 JaredCrossley Requirements Doc v0.2
IntegratedHelpdeskRequirements_v0.3.docxdocx IntegratedHelpdeskRequirements_v0.3.docx manage 575 K 2014-04-30 - 16:29 JaredCrossley Requirements Doc v0.3
Topic revision: r2 - 2014-05-01, JaredCrossley
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback