Helpdesk Integration Requirements Group Minutes: 2014 April 24

Dial in:
  • Video:
  • Audio: 434-817-6286
Attendance: Anand, Carol, Kelly, Juergen, Gustaaf, Heidi, Drew

Agenda / Minutes

  • Overview - Anand
    • Requirements fleshed out and agreed upon by this group and ALMA HDWG by ~ end of June.
  • Review of current draft - written by Anand w/ comments from Gustaaf Requirements Doc v0.2
    • Section 1
      • ACTION: Carol said this section was unclear to her until she read the use cases. She will review this section for improvements.
    • Section 2
    • Section 3 (the requirements)
      • Item 3: NRAO-ALMA account linking automatic or manual? Require same email address on both user portals?
        • Did not reach consensus on manual vs. automatic account linking. Drew pointed out that some users may want to use a different address for each helpdesk. Carol suggested that allowing separate helpdesk views defeats the purpose of the merger. Kelly said that automatic account linking may be a security problem. We will revisit this issue next week.
    • Section 4
    • Section 5
      • Preferred ticket department view?
        • Consensus agreement that a functional hierarchy is preferred. Gustaaf said NRAO department have not been as well designed and he is open to significant changes. Carol stated that minor changes in the ALMA department structure will likely be acceptable to the HDWG.
        • ACTION: Gustaaf will create a new mapping of NRAO and ALMA departments, likely making changes in both.
  • AOB
  • Next meeting: 2014 May 01. 3pm. Same location.
Topic revision: r3 - 2014-04-24, JaredCrossley
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback