Return to directory of Todd's CASA extensions
This was written to answer helpdesk ticket 5680.
Compares Hanning smoothing in time domain (ALMA correlator) vs. CASA (hanningsmooth task) .
au.compareHanning(npts=30000, bw=300, noise=0.5, ncomponents=50, maxtime=200,
xlimits = [45,80], ylimits = [-10, 3000], denominator=0.025,
- bw: bw/npts sets the initial fraction of the spectrum to plot, starting at zero frequency
- npts: number of points in the simulated timestream
- ncomponents: number of sinewave components to create Gaussian line profile
- noise: level of noise compared to largest sinewave amplitude
- xlimits: for the plot
- ylimits: for the plot
- denominator: sets the width of the simulated Gaussian line profile
- drawstyle: 'default' or 'steps'
See page: ALMA window functions