2007-01-11 ALMA Calibration Group Telecon Agenda and Minutes
Table of Contents:
ALMA Calibration Group Telecon |
- Date: January 11, 2007 (Thursday)
- Time: 15:30 UT (NOTE CHANGE)
- Duration: 1.0 hr
- USA Toll Free Number: 1-877-919-7148
- International: +1-203-566-1039
- Passcode: 5 1 0 4 6 8
- Leader: JeffMangum
Action Items from Last Telecon
| Assigned To || Due Date || Description || State || Notify || |
Agenda and Minutes
NOTE: Discussion from the telecon is shown in italic.
Calibration Examples Status
Still waiting on final versions of bandpass (RobertLucas), delay (RobertLucas), polarization (EdFomalont), optics (BaltasarVilaVilaro), and ACA calibration issues (BaltasarVilaVilaro) calibration examples. See CalExamples wiki for further information.
Calibration Sequence Development
Will begin process of turning CalExamples into calibration "sequences" during 2007Q1. Need to first meet with Computing IPT to figure out which Computing IPT personnel will be available to participate in sequence development.
Amplitude Calibration Subsystem Development Reports
- Berkeley Absolute Flux Calibration System (Jack Welch)
- Waveguide loss calibration in progress. Berkeley wireless group (EECS) now has W-band heads, but no cal kit (on order). Can finish early next year. Should still get to 1% once waveguide calibration is done.
- Have all parts for 3mm system for CARMA. Will be one radiometer on edge of one (6m) antenna.
- Semi-Transparent Vane (STV) Calibration System
- Need only to get final report from Jesus Martin-Pintado. This is still pending.
- Multi/Dual-Load (M/DL) Calibration System (Matt Carter)
Weather (Ancilliary) Measurement Devices
In December 2006 JeffMangum submitted weather station instrumentation (RH, P, T, and wind) RFQ documentation to NRAO procurement system. Will receive quotes over the coming month.
Allocation of Weather Devices for the OSF
notes that the Science IPT needs to provide a plan, with AIV, for weather station installation at the OSF within the next month or two. At the AOS near the TB in the ESO trailer is a Davis weather station. There is another weather station on a tower near the APEX site, according to Nyman. Neither is currently being used. These could be moved to the holography tower at the OSF.
There are two CR4 hygrometers in the US. One is under repair at the manufacturer (Buck Research) under a contract with ESO and will be returned to Tucson and Angel shortly. Another, at the ATF, is reportedly nonfunctional. The repaired instrument may be installed at the OSF.
Solar Observations and Calibration
has written a draft document on Calibration of Solar Observations
. We discussed this document. Few revisions are needed. MarkHoldaway will update and submit final version within the coming few weeks.
Date of Next Phone Meeting
The next ALMA Calibration Group telecon will be 2007, February 8th 16:00 UT
- 11 Jan 2007