ALMA Data Reduction Workshop
Thursday, Dec 1 and Friday, Dec 2, 2011
520 Edgemont Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Driving Directions & Area Maps
. See below for more maps and directions.
Link to Agenda
We will provide an introduction to reduction of ALMA data. The program includes a mixture of lectures and hands-on sessions aimed at introducing the key concepts in interferometry data reduction and demonstrating their application in CASA. Hands on examples will focus on real ALMA data obtained during the Science Verification campaigns and emphasize key steps for real ALMA data reduction.
For this meeting we will be broadcasting the powerpoint slides through your web browser, and we be broadcasting both audio and video separately and simultaneously. Participants should both
set up the net conferencing, and
call in via either telephone or videoconference. This way you will be able to both hear and see the slides.
Net Conferencing Instructions
This is a webex meeting, through "mymeetings", so you will need to have a client computer that has java enabled and a modern web browser.
This interface will allow the user to "chat" with Jonathan Keohane, who will be following the talks. To ask a question, just chat with him and he will ask the speaker to address it at an appropriate time.
Meeting Date: 12/01/2011 Meeting Time: 8:30 AM EASTERN TIME
Instant Net Conference Details:
Meeting Number: 442169017
Meeting Passcode: 4342446832
Meeting Host: JONATHAN KEOHANE
Join Instructions for Instant Net Conference:
1. Join the meeting: http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?sigKey=mymeetings&i=442169017&p=4342446832&t=c
2. Enter the required fields.
4. Click on Proceed.
5. Follow the audio and/or video instructions in the next section.
Please use the following to participate via videoconferencing:
Video Number: IP number 184.108.40.206 + Extension number 6518
Dialing Instructions for different video systems:
- Polycom: 220.127.116.11##6518 (Note: if using an old Viewstation model use address book method listed below or send your IP address)
- Sony: 18.104.22.168#6518
- Codian: 22.214.171.124!6518
- Some Systems: 126.96.36.199,,6518
- Tandberg, some: 192*33*117*12**6518#
- Tandberg some: firstname.lastname@example.org (To get the @ with a remote, you press and hold # to activate abc mode on the remote
- Address book method: Create an address book entry with 188.8.131.52 as the address and 6518 as the extension then dial from the address book entry.
- Send your IP address, we will configure your system as dial-in participant then you can just dial 184.108.40.206
If you'd like to test this connection beforehand, please contact Gene Runion at 434-296-0327 or via email at grunion at nrao dot edu
If you need transportation between your hotel and NRAO OR
are willing to provide transportation, please consider using the carpool doodle
. You may use this tool to contact each other to make arrangements, but -to make things simple- if you offer a ride via the dodle poll (or need a ride), please plan to meet potential drivers/riders the lobby by 8:10am.
Location, Directions and Maps
- GPS Address: NRAO - 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
If you are staying at the Residence Inn:
- Directions to Charlottesville and to NRAO Headquarters can be found here.
- Map with directions from the Residence Inn to NRAO Headquarters ( ResidenceInn.jpg). Note that the hotel is on Millmont Ave (top right of map). Follow the pink line to NRAO.
Things to Do and Places to Eat in Charlottesville
- This link offers information about things to do in Charlottesville. The page also includes maps and information about area restaurants.
- Jonathan has made a reservation at a Peter Cheng's Chinese Restaurant for Thursday night at 7:30, which is walking distance from the hotel. Please consider joining that group if you wish.
Frequently used hotels
Please note that the Marriott Residence Inn
offers the following:
- $129/night for a one-bedroom suite (may need to ask Lyndele to make your reservations in order to get the NRAO rate)
- includes complimentary full breakfast buffet
- shuttle service is not available, but a number of workshop guests will be staying at the hotel, so there is an opportunity to carpool.