ALMA North American Science Advisory Committee
; ALMA North American Science Advisory Committee Telecon Telecon meeting May 14, 2010
Information for those calling in.
* Call date: 2010-05-14 02:00 pm EDT
or 18:00 UT (Friday)
* Duration: 1 hr
* USA Number: 1-866-675-5385
* Outside USA Number: +1 517 444 6916
* Passcode: 8445333#
* Leaders: A. Blain, C. Lonsdale
1 Old Business The enhanced Agenda
from last meeting is available. minutes
from the March telecon are available.
DV03 (right) joined (l-r) PM03, DV01 and DV02 at the AOS. DV02 was moved to the OSF for FE repair but will rejoin the group on 16 May © ALMA DTS (ESO/NAOJ/NRAO).
- Status of ALMA Construction
- Status of NAASC Proposal
- Status of NAASC hires, new postdoctoral positions.
- January Victoria workshop planning
- schedule next ANASAC face-to-face before the Operations Readiness Review on October 13-14. Our materials are due Sept 28. This next ANASAC meeting MUST be for two days - it is a critical meeting as we head into the first observing season
- do we need to invite any new members before the f2f?
- outcomes from ASAC meeting; Report.
- preparation for the NSF proposal review, occurring mid July in Chile. Our materials are due by June 20.
- can ANASAC review the NAASC website and make comments for improvements - the NSF review committee will be investigating it now
- we have been asked to come up with a list of ~35 potential proposal reviewers for the first call by May 30.
- integrated tests from proposal submission through SB submission, including Helpdesk and mock panel review, are occurring May/June. Second set of end-to-end testing in Aug/Sept: CfP to archive
- there is a possibility for NA astronomers outside the NAASC to participate in CSV in Chile. We would like to publicize this. Ram Rao, Tom Wilson and Andrew Baker have participated so far.
- shared risk observing plan a la EVLA: there is some support at JAO and some resistance. Can ANASAC make a strong statement?
- Preparing for ALMA Special Session, organized by the North American ALMA Science Center
- 216th American Astronomical Society Meeting Miami, Florida Monday 24 May, 6 - 8 p.m. EDT